IGNORED

New Fully Loaded Top Case - three questions: brake, lifters, plug

Gregg

Question #1: Should the brake light on the new version of the BMW top case illuminate like the regular brake light on the bike?

What I mean is does it stay "on" at a low level like a the bike brake light does? Then when you hit the brakes it actually brightens up like the brake light does.

Question #2: Are the hydraulic lid lifters adjustable? The lid does not open to a complete 90 degree angle. I'm assuming it's not designed to do so but wanted to check -in.

Question #3: Anyone have a solution for not having lift the bike seat to plug in or unplug the top case. Seems like an exterior socket would make putting the top case on and taking it off. I lot easier.

Thanks for any guidance!

Looks like I found the answer to Q1: It does not function as a running brake light unless you add a controller to the connector.

Struts are not adjustable. It appears the thinking behind the top box is that it goes on and stays on, or stays off except for the occasional trip. Not intended for a quick on/off like the non-powered one on the oilheads. Really, just routing the wire after it's connected and securing it in those clips can take longer than securing the box to the rack!

Struts are not adjustable. It appears the thinking behind the top box is that it goes on and stays on, or stays off except for the occasional trip. Not intended for a quick on/off like the non-powered one on the oilheads. Really, just routing the wire after it's connected and securing it in those clips can take longer than securing the box to the rack!

I wholeheartedly agree!

Archived