IGNORED

Hella FF50's under oil cooler?

Rizuli

Anyone have a pair of FF50's mounted under the oil cooler? If so, any problems with fender clearance? It's either there or a pair of EMP brackets for my R1100RT. TIA.

Riz

Yeah, I think there would probably be a clearance problem as well. It may look like there's a lot of room there but at full compression the fender comes a lot closer to the fairing than you may guess... DAMHIK...

I'd also be careful with heat from the oil cooler. I have FF-50's and the outer cases are plastic.

Regards,

Mike O

Yeah but the brackets are metal and I can't imagine that there would be enough heat getting at the housing to damage them... the lamps themselves probably generate much more heat than could be received by radiation from the oil cooler. In any event I think they'd get munched by the fender before they had a change to melt! smirk.gif

I think they belong on EMP brackets. If you really want to mount under the oil cooler than I would get something really small like the PIAAs.

As mentioned, the fender will hit them. As a matter of fact the fender will hit the underside of the oil cooler on a full suspension compression without anything in the way. Look for the telltale sideways H mark on it!

Archived