IGNORED

Radar hard wire

rodantking

I'm look to power up my radar detector on my '15 rt. I was planning on just putting it into the canbus for a easy switch power source. The only thing I can find on it is from older models but it suggests putting anything into the canbus is problematic. Can I and if so where is it? Also I've but buses with a relay on lots of bikes but not for a long time and I know there have been a lot of product that is designed to do just that. If I need to make a new bus what products do you recommend. It has to be switched so if a relay is built in all the better. I would be adding two heated gear lines to it that are now just hard wired to the battery.

I tagged into the power outlet on right front. This is a switched power with i think 10 amp capability.

On the backside is used a posi-tap on the positive and found a ground on the bike for the negative.

Not to get off topic but I pulled the plastic off my top case and took it in to get painted today and found a plug under the backrest. It's the newer large case. I can only think of two things it could be for. One the gtl has a heated backrest or to put power inside the case. If for the latter not sure why it did not just come with a couple working usb power sources panel mounted in. That would actually be useful. It is not like they sold that thing for a bargain.

Not to take this too much further off topic, but I wish I would have thought about that power outlet on the right front when I was wiring up the Skene Photon Blasters. That would have been much cleaner than getting the switched power from the fuse block under the seat.

I may investigate this further and go back and do that...

On the rear power outlet i have a triggered relay for power direct from the battery.

On the front I just used the power outlet direct for the radar as it does draw much power.

But if I was to add anything else I would add a triggered relay at the front powerplug for a larger power supply direct from the battery.

Archived