IGNORED

Greetings

Brad_H

Before I start asking questions, I thought I should say hello and introduce myself. I just traded my 2015 K1300S for a new 2016 R1200RTw so a change in forums was in order. I'm a retired sometimes electronic engineer and sometimes scientist (solid state physics) and I'm just north of 60 yrs. Been riding constantly since I was a kid (dirt bikes) and on the road since 1971. While I'm not an experienced touring rider, I have done a half-dozen or more trips from the Los Angeles area to Lake Tahoe via the National Parks and Sierra Passes on my Suzuki 1300 Hayabusa sport bike. I also occasionally have run Hwy 1 up to Monterrey and do things like Death Valley once in a while. I guess I'm a "touring lite" rider. Old body issues are creeping in so I'm looking forward to a much more comfortable ride with the R12RTw.

Looking forward to conversing with you.

Regards,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brad. I live not far from you, in Lakewood Village, and treated myself to a '15 RTW for my 60th. What a great bike! If you are interested, there is a nice group called the South Coast BMW Riders Club that sponsors fun rides and get togethers. Their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/scbmwrc/

See you on the road,

Dave

Welcome on board... thanks for the self-introduction...

Ask away.... or we could just send you some answers and you could make up the questions...

Thanks for the welcome(s). Thanks for the link Dave, and yes, you are a few blocks away from me. I've already benefited here by asking questions as I'm in line waiting for my production Russell RDL to be made.

Thanks,

Brad

Archived