IGNORED

Pre-ride Salida hotel info July 22-24.

Whip

The same hotel we stayed for the 2012 UN Rally. Thanks again Randy

Gateway Inn & Suites

You will need to call them (719-539-2895) and tell them you are with the BMW Group.

I have 30 rooms blocked for July 22-24 but they have more if needed.

$109 for singles

$149 for doubles

Mrs Whip will have food at our home Friday evening and Sunday evening for those interested.

We will have a group dinner in town on Saturday, details still need to be worked out.

Several four wheeled cages will be available for taxi service to and from the hotel think of it has your personal UBER. Text 210-394-3221

Mrs Whip is already planning the menu.

We are looking forward to it.

L and L

Thanks to Larry for being helpful... but...

I really wish I could have had some input on the choice for this place. Last summer we returned from an art show and needed a place in Salida. We booked the Gateway because of the UN Rally experience.

We have never been treated so rudely, bait and switch on the price, and given such a filthy, unprepared room and then the angry and abusive treatment upon us when I complained.

Good luck.

That is what you get for not staying at my house. :wave:

I have no idea why you had issues.... but I have stayed there several times including the 2012 UN and have never had a problem.

BTW...anyone can stay anywhere they wish in Salida for the event, UBER will still pick you up.

;)

BTW...anyone can stay anywhere they wish in Salida for the event, UBER will still pick you up.:Wink:
Bob, try the Hampton just down the road. A few more bucks, but nice. At least 2 riders will be staying there.
Mrs Whip is already planning the menu.

We are looking forward to it.

L and L

I've had Louise's home-cooked vittles. Y'all best start dieting now because you won't be able to say No.

I've reserved a room with 2 queen beds for Friday and Saturday nights at the Comfort Inn.

Looking for a roomie. Total with taxes is $75 per night per person. Two nights would be $150 per person.

PM me if you are looking for a room to share.

I really wish I could have had some input on the choice for this place. Last summer we returned from an art show and needed a place in Salida. We booked the Gateway because of the UN Rally experience.

We have never been treated so rudely, bait and switch on the price, and given such a filthy, unprepared room and then the angry and abusive treatment upon us when I complained.

Good luck.

Bob,

The Gateway's owners let me know they were very keen on the type of ratings they'd get after the '12 Un and asked that our attendees take the time to post online critiques.

Some of the issues you mention were on various rating sites when I did my due diligence in late '11. I found the owners to be reasonable folks who asked that customers address their complaints instead of posting a negative experience afterwards thus allowing them to make things right ASAP.

Look forward to seeing you Mikko. Im camping in Ouray at KOA on Thursday and booked in Salida on Friday.

I also plan on camping at the Ouray KOA.

I want to do several day rides in SW CO before heading to Casa de Whip.

Most likely will be there three or four nights before heading to Salida on Friday. Hope to see you there.

can't beat the san juans.

+1

I've ridden a motorcycle, driven a jeep and a 4 wheeler all around the Ouray area and will go back as often as I can. Never tire of the mountains, the changing views, the inviting small towns, the off road challanges and the friendly people.

Bub and John,

I'm looking into leaving CA earlier than planned to maybe meet you guy's in Ouray. Seems I was just there. I usually staff downtown at the 4J+1 park in town as it is walking distance to restaurants and tee shops. But the KOA is ok. Hope to see you there. Maybe on a new to me GS1200, 2012 version.

Archived