IGNORED

First ride of the year

Boffin

Yesterday threw up a short opportunity for my first ride of 2016. It took me a while to dig out my gear and decide which bike to take. My Royal Enfield Bullet 500efi won the toss as I was only going to be riding around the local lanes, getting to know my new neighbourhood.

My first stop was the nearby village of Bere Ferrers, at the confluence of the rivers Tamar and Tavy.

IMG_4801-L.jpg

IMG_4802-L.jpg

A few miles inland I stopped to capture this view of the Calstock viaduct where it crosses the Tamar - Devon this side of the picture, Cornwall on the other side of the river.

FullSizeRender-L.jpg

The final stop was at Denham Bridge, an old packhorse bridge across the river Tavy. There has been a bridge there since medieval time, though this one is newer, dating to the 16th century - though it was extensively repaired in the early 19th century, with the parapet being totally rebuilt. The bridge was built here because the river narrows through the steep-sided valley. It is however about 40 feet deep by the rocks that form the bridges foundation.

IMG_4804-L.jpg

From there it was a couple of miles home to a cup of tea in front of a nice log fire in our Victorian cottage.

IMG_4241-X2.jpg

Andy

Nice!

+1

RE had a nice little setup at PIMS in Dallas. They had a Classic in both Desert Storm and Battle Green. Cool little bikes.

Andy,

That has wet the appetite!!

Looking forward to coming down to see you soon - I can always bring my hammer if you need a hand with the DIY jobs in the new house.........

Steve

Steve,

Sheila says no. I think she has heard something about your DIY skills :rofl:

Whaaaaaatttttt.........

Those are all just cases of really bad luck................... :dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap:

Steve

Archived