IGNORED

Need help with brake bleeding!!

pstoutland

OK, so I'm reasonably competent mechanically, but I can't manage to bleed the brakes on my 2004 R1150R (abs). I followed what I thought was the correct procedure...replaced fluid in handlebar reservoir...hooked up mityvac to bleed screw...create vacuum...open bleed screw...

The problem is fluid came out, but none of the fluid in the reservoir disappeared. After doing the a couple of times, I've realized this is not good. So what am I missing here??!! HELP!

Page

OK, I've located the reservoir under the seat. Can someone tell me how to get the cap off? It's got a hex-insert on the cap, but it can't be turned due to various obstructions (that appear immovable). Does it snap off? Thx.

OK, I've located the reservoir under the seat. Can someone tell me how to get the cap off? It's got a hex-insert on the cap, but it can't be turned due to various obstructions (that appear immovable). Does it snap off? Thx.

The cap is seperate from the vent tube. Try to turn it and you'll see.

2wheelterry

I found the attached procedure here a compliment to the BMWSportTouring document.

I did mine yesterday with the help of these two references.

P.S. I see you are in WC! I'm no expert and am relatively new to the BMW, but PM me if I can help.

Archived