IGNORED

Brake failure light does not flash

RobinW

Hi guys. The other day the brake failure light was flashing with ignition on but stayed on after riding off. I gave the front sensor wire a light tug and all was normal till today.

Now the light is hard on with ignition and won't go out. I have a 911 here but the laptop won't boot so I'm trying to get a pc that works to check the codes.

I'm pretty sure it'll be the front sensor, the cable near the sensor has age cracks in it. Question is, will a stuffed sensor cause the light to be hard on with ignition on?

This is an 07 model R1200RT so just normal abs not powered brakes.

Question is, will a stuffed sensor cause the light to be hard on with ignition on?

Yes.

Particularly in damp conditions, damaged wire insulation provides an electrical path to ground, causing incorrect wheel speed readings.

Cheers, but this one is the motor by the looks.

It went away for a full day but came back just as I drove onto my property :(

I'm going to let it swing till the next service. I'll try whacking it with a rubber mallet to free up the brushes and failing that we are off to France and Britain in June so may get a 2nd hand one sent to my Relatives in Scotland for pickup. They are like hens teeth here in Oz.

Archived