IGNORED

R1200RT premium outdoor cover

moonie

Hi everybody, just wanted to take a moment and discuss the BMW R1200RT motorcycle cover from BMW.

This is my first year with my RT and since I only have a carport and live in Michigan, I knew a cover was definetly a must have!

I originally purchased a cover on line from a company called Beverly Hills covers and ordered the one that was 'guaranteed' to fit.

It didnt! IN fact, it barely covered half of the wheels and it seemed very light weight almost a cotton like material, like the RainX cover i bought for a car i own.

Anyway, I was disappointed to say the least, but figure for $100 it would do. Then about 3 weeks later I stopped into the dealership and found one that IS made for the RT! Its a much thicker waterproof material and it covers the bike all the way to the ground including with the top and side bags. And it was only $129.

SO I bought it and returned the other one.

Here are a few pics. If you need a cover for your RT, don't even consider anything less. This one is the BOMB and I cant believe it was less the $200 for a custom fit

20160208_183200_zpsli49grqr.jpg

20160208_183310_zpsxafetheo.jpg

Hi,

Looks real good!

I have tried to figure out which one it is but am not sure.

Sierrabmwonlie.com has one that looks the same but that one is made for a K1200LT and also has a LT text on it low down.

Is that the same?

Dou you have the BMW parts no?

// Stefan

Archived