IGNORED

So Cal to Red Lodge

Rob Nowell

Anyone interested in joining forces from Southern California to Red Lodge, Montana? I-10E to AZ, up to Flagstaff; Grand Canyon South Rim; Chinle to Shiprock; Farmington to Durnago; CO 145 & 141 to Grand Junction; on to Rangely, Red Canyon, & Green River; through Teton & Jellystone NPs; Beartooth to Red Lodge. Native Montanan here.

CO 145 & 141 to Grand Junction;
Be a shame for you to miss out on the Pony Express leaving Salida going up to Red Lodge but, you did pick out a couple very nice roads there! :thumbsup:

Pat

• 1 month later...

Believe we'll also do CO 141 and 145 to Grand Jct, then Rangley, CO, and Vernal UT overnight.Then up to Thermolopolis the next day. Then 10 Sleep Canyon (WY 16) to I25, back to WY 14 down to Lowell, and finally into Red Lodge. We've never been into Yellowstone and traffic horror stories make us want to skirt the eastern edges. We'll be arriving in Red Lodge on Sunday.

I'm going L.A. to Torrey, UT on the first day (leaving at 3AM and arriving at 4PM).

On Day Two it's UT95 south to Blanding, up to Monticello and past Dove Creek to Dolores, up past Telluride to Placerville and then east to Ridgway and CO550 north to Montrose, CO. Dinner will be at Ted Nelson's Steakhouse. An excellent place to eat.

On Day Three I have business in the morning in Montrose, and will probably leave on CO50 for Salida around 2PM, arriving around 4PM.

Once there, I'm hanging at Whips, helping where I can, and will take the group ride to Red Lodge.

From L.A. to Salida, I wouldn't mind ONE riding partner who's willing to follow the same schedule and maybe (but not necessarily) share a room in Torrey and in Montrose.

UPDATE: No one replied, so I've booked single rooms everywhere. Still wouldn't mind a riding partner, but you're going to have to get your own rooms.

Nando

What happen to BrianT?

L

Dunno. He would be the obvious choice, but his schedule can be odd at times. I don't think we were ever planning on riding out together, but maybe we should visit it.

Anyone interested in joining forces from Southern California to Red Lodge, Montana? ............ Rangely, Red Canyon, & Green River; through Teton & Jellystone NPs; Beartooth to Red Lodge.

I have been in & around Teton and Yellowstone Park in July a couple of times. Unless you get a really early start it will probably take all day just to get from Jackson to Red Lodge. Take into account that you will be averaging only 20-25 mph in the parks themselves. They are well worth the visit, but I have been at a standstill for up to 20 minutes at a time due to traffic stopped for wildlife or parking areas backed up.

Believe we'll also do CO 141 and 145 to Grand Jct, then Rangley, CO, and Vernal UT overnight. Then up to Thermolopolis the next day. Then 10 Sleep Canyon (WY 16) to I25, back to WY 14 down to Lovell, and finally into Red Lodge.

If you are using that route try to stop at the Medicine Wheel on 14 Alt before you get to Lovell. When leaving Lovell do the little side trip to Devils' Canyon Overlook.

Mike Cassidy

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone coming up the Southern California or Bay area through (boring) I5 or 99 to Sacramento to 80 into Reno and onward?

My girl and I are leaving either Sunday night or Monday morning early from Sacramento.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
Nando

What happen to BrianT?

L

Dunno. He would be the obvious choice, but his schedule can be odd at times. I don't think we were ever planning on riding out together, but maybe we should visit it.

I guess he's not going.

Archived