IGNORED

Brake caliper.....

chrismckay

R1200RT 2012

On the brake caliper there are four M8x40 bolts, two either side of the pad retainer pin, does anybody know the proper torque for these?

Chris...:)

R1200RT 2012

On the brake caliper there are four M8x40 bolts, two either side of the pad retainer pin, does anybody know the proper torque for these?

Afternoon Chris

My parts book doesn't show any M8x40 bolts in that area. I do show - M8x30 though.

We need to define the bolts before we can offer the correct torque specs.

R1200RT 2012

Afternoon Chris

My parts book doesn't show any M8x40 bolts in that area. I do show - M8x30 though.

We need to define the bolts before we can offer the correct torque specs.

Hello dirtrider,

The online parrts fiche doesnt show them either!!!!!

The M8x30's is the calliper mount bolts, the ones that I am looking at are the ones that hold the two half's of the calliper together , they are dome head M8x40....

Afternoon Chris

You are going to have a difficult time finding the torque on those bolts as they are not part of the BMW service or replacement procedure so BMW will not have the torque values published.

About all you can do is just tighten by feel, OR use the standard bolt torque spec (if you know the bolt rating), OR try calling BMW support to see if they can (somehow) get you the assembly torque from the supplier.

Afternoon Chris

You are going to have a difficult time finding the torque on those bolts as they are not part of the BMW service or replacement procedure so BMW will not have the torque values published.

About all you can do is just tighten by feel, OR use the standard bolt torque spec (if you know the bolt rating), OR try calling BMW support to see if they can (somehow) get you the assembly torque from the supplier.

Hello dirtrider,

I have mailed BMW to see if they can get any information. Have you any idea who manufactures the calliper, for instance is it a Brembo with a BMW logo?....also out of curiosity, what material is the calliper made from?

When I replaced the bolts after checking the fluids, they simply "bottomed" like the Hexhead's valve cover bolts did. Don't over-tighten, just snug 'em up.

Archived