IGNORED

What is there to do for non riding family in the Red Lodge area?

ltljohn

I am contemplating bringing my family along. What is there for them to do in the within a reasonable drive? I know about Yellowstone but what else is there for a 12 yr old boy.

I don't have a helpful suggestion for what to do in the area, but I can say there will be at least one other kid there - our seven year old. Does your son ride? Ours is still relegated to the sidecar, but he *might* be leggy enough to reach the pegs by July.

Whip mentioned that there is fishing on site and that he would be bringing gear to share with any youngin that might be around...

He has been on a few rides but I don't think he will be ready for a long day by then. We will have to see. Fishing may be something he would do.

He has been on a few rides but I don't think he will be ready for a long day by then. We will have to see. Fishing may be something he would do.

If planning works out, we're going to be a the beginning of an extended trip, so I'm imagining my wife/son will probably be more interested in hanging out at the lodge/in town than riding; if that's true, I'll be happily offering space in the hack to anyone that wants to ride there - so if that makes a long day more palatable to him, I'm sure we can work something out. (My wife and son are both fond of long rides in the hack - and they spend most of that riding time fast asleep :) .)

• 3 weeks later...

Montana has myriad outdoor activities for families. Red Lodge is not far from Jellystone, Lewis & Clark CAaverns, fishing, rafting, biking, etc.

• 2 months later...

Archived