IGNORED

Who use to rebuild Ohlins

Steve_Reinig

Steve_Reinig

I need to have my Ohlin rebuilt. In the past I have used the company in southern CA that starts with a P... Have not been impressed with customer service, the two times I have used him. Turnaround is clearly not high on their priority for motorcycles or at least out of area motocycles. Enough said. Looking for recommendations to have Ohlins rebuilt on the west coast. I live in WA state. Thanks or any recommendations.

Firefight911

Try Mike Canfield with Roseville Cycle Center in Roseville, CA. This guy flat knows his stuff!!! Works with several pro dirt and roadrace riders and can help get you dialed in quickly! Not overpriced either!

I have used him and recommend him without hesitation! thumbsup.gif

www.rosevillecyclecenter.com

Good Luck!

I rebuilt my own Works shock, so maybe you can try doing it for your Ohlins. The big roadblock is compressing the spring (I made a spring spring compressor myself, but maybe they are available). Once the spring is off, the rest is pretty trivial ...or at least the Works rebuild was. I did have to make one special tool, but it was pretty simple.

This way, at least, you know it gets done right.

Bob.

I rebuilt my own Works shock, so maybe you can try doing it for your Ohlins. The big roadblock is compressing the spring (I made a spring spring compressor myself, but maybe they are available). Once the spring is off, the rest is pretty trivial ...or at least the Works rebuild was. I did have to make one special tool, but it was pretty simple.

This way, at least, you know it gets done right.

Bob.

Bob,

Does the Works have o-ring seals? I'm tempted to tear into my Ohlins the next time it needs the shaft seal replaced. Not sure where we could find the seals for Ohlins.

Mick

Archived