IGNORED

Anyone not have BMW Bluetooth in their RTW and can control Nav V w/ the WW?

NoelCP

??

If you have the GPS prep installed, the Wonderwheel has limited functionality for controlling the Nav V - switching between screens, zoom, some other things. Anything complicated, pull over and use the touchscreen. Bluetooth has nothing to do with it.

You can pair the Nav V directly to any Bluetooth device and don't need the BMW audio to do this. I don't think the Nav V responds to voice commands (which sounds like where you're going) so if it does, that's news to me. If it did (which I doubt) I can't imagine it'd matter if you talked to it directly or through the BMW audio. OTOH, if it did, BMW is perfectly capable of putting arbitrary restrictions on the functionality. If you do have the BMW audio, the Nav can talk to you through it; if not just pair the Nav directly to your helmet.

Thanks for that. Nope, wasn't looking at voice commands just wanted to know if the connection was hard or thru bluetooth to control anything on Nav V by the WW. If I order a new RT it will be a custom ordered '16 RT w/ the Standard Package (GPS Prep, Cruise, Dual Accessory Socket) + TPM + maybe Dynamic Package (Headlight Pro, Ride Modes Pro, and Hill Start. Dynamic Package is only $275 more, but those 3 features I'm not are even worth the $275 to me. Do you think HL Pro and RM Pro add much? For the $$ I can save by passing on D-ESA and the Audio System I can afford to pick up Nav V and was hoping you could still do some basics w/ it using the WW, like zoom etc.

I would have paid $275 for either the Hill Assist or Shift Assist. I didn't particularly want them either until after I had them. The shift assist is great in the twisties and just for the fun factor. I use the hill assist all the time (not that we have that many hills here) just to provide extra stability when stopped and it came in handy when I was loading the bike in the bed of my truck.

Ken

I would have paid $275 for either the Hill Assist or Shift Assist. I didn't particularly want them either until after I had them. The shift assist is great in the twisties and just for the fun factor. I use the hill assist all the time (not that we have that many hills here) just to provide extra stability when stopped and it came in handy when I was loading the bike in the bed of my truck.Ken

Thanks Ken, Shift Assist as a separate add on is $475 so we will skip that--I will be stoked to have the softer clutch pull force alone. Sounds like Hill is something you can use in multiple settings so the $275 might be worth it for me.

NoelCP, just a thought I had, have you discussed ordering the new RT with your Dealer?

Having been in the "Dealers" shoes before I can tell you that ordering a unit that might be hard to sell if the customer should back out is a serious decision. Ordering without options that seem standard on 95%+ of the bikes may seem to save the customer money at purchase. Can be hard for a Dealer to resell. New or Used. In fact the dealer may make a much better "deal" on a bike with the options you think you don't want just to keep from ordering something that they may regret having on the showroom floor. Don't be offended if the Dealer asks for a sizable deposit up front.

NoelCP, just a thought I had, have you discussed ordering the new RT with your Dealer?

Yes I have talked w/ the dealer at length. It's a non-refundable $1000 deposit up front, and 8-12 weeks for delivery. As for non-typically equipped RTW's I have tried to get another dealer to budge on a '14 that is essentially new -- hasn't even made it to 600 mile service yet. The bike is very rare in the US: no GPS prep, no Dynamic ESA, no Ride Modes Pro, no Hill Start, no Shift Assist, etc. It only has TPM, cruise, heated grips/seats. He won't budge off of $16,000. I would have thought w/ 2y of depreciation and lack of those two major features and the others he would have wiggled some more-his argument is that there are ample traditionalist BMW riders who don't really want the added doodads BMW pushes in the US like it or not. Not a terrible price but I would have to cough up shipping of around $600 on top of that price. I may end up getting the usual fully equipped US model, but only if I decide I need to wait for the '16 FJR to arrive on the west coast which is around late Feb to early March at which point it will be too late to custom order an RTW. I have an FJR-ES test ride coming up tomorrow, though a '15 which I'm still open to, and the price will be very good.

Archived