IGNORED

Cruise Control-R1100R

beemer2000

Bob's BMW has Bob's Wrist Rest ($93) Throttlemister ($100) Kaoko ($86) Vista Cruise ($45)

This has probably been through this forum before but I missed it if it did. Could anyone with experience on some of these elaborate on pluses and minuses for me???? confused.gifconfused.gifWhat's the best bang for the buck?

I currently have the Throttlemeister. Had Bob's Wrist Rest on my 98 RT. They both work equally well. Throttlemeister turns on in the same direction as opening throttle, bob's works the opposite direction. Throttlemeister is smoothe and you can get polished, bob's has knurled adjuster. Both look pretty good. They have limited use i.e. open road with no hills or turns. Good way to flex your hand after riding for a while.

Another choice or add to the above is a Throttle Rocker. Cheap plastic assembly that slips over the grip and provides a short lever for your wrist to rest on. Takes a lot of pressure off of your wrist.

I've got this, can highly recommend.

At least I think that's the one, as there is no picture. Mine is simply a replacement plastic housing above the starter switch and a metal screw that you can adjust how much force it takes to turn the throttle.

BMW part actually costs less than aftermarket. confused.gif

found the part on ascycles parts fiche. It's not pictured, but you can get the idea from the standard part (1). Total cost has gone up (~$70), but you might find a discount online.

cheers

I installed a Vista Cruise on an RT a few years ago. It workded very good. You flipped your thumb down to turn it on and flipped it up to turn it off. While it was engaged you could still make throttle adjustments as needed. What could be simpler?? And easier to use?? With the heated grips this device supposedly cant't be intalled. Are any of the other divices available that are this user friendly? Doses anyone know about the Vista Cruise and it's ease of use? Has anyone adapted one to a heated grip??

Archived