IGNORED

Clearwater Darlas and Billie Jr.

marcopolo

Yesterday, I had my trusty independent tech install a set of Clearwater Darlas and a Clearwater Billie Jr. brake/tail light on my new GSA. While expensive, there's no question that these are both quality products. The Darlas are fork mounted and I got them with CANopener3, so I can program both the Darlas, and the Billie Jr., by using the "wonder wheel" on the left handlebar. Works brilliantly.

I'm amazed at the number of variables that I can program in. For example, on the Billie Jr., I can adjust the brightness of the tail light and also the brightness of the brake light. I can also adjust how it flashes when the brakes are applied, and there's also an option to have the brake light flash when decelerating, even if I don't use the brakes (there are two choices of sensitivity, i.e., G forces on deceleration). Below 5 mph the brake light will not flash, though if you're stopped at a light, you can hit the brakes twice to have if flash if you want to warn a vehicle approaching from behind.

Finally, these things (Darlas and Billie Jr.) are bright! Good thing I can adjust the level of brightness.

I've sold the Clearwater products for a number of years.

I seldom use the word "best" when riders ask about tires, oils, etc. but the Clearwater has proven themselves to be the best motorcycle riding lights out there.

Keep your ebay LED specials, keep your buzz words like "pricey and spendy", if a rider wants to waste his time annealing crush washers he probably won't "get" why one should get these lights.

• 3 months later...

This is a very late reply to your post. I've ordered Clearwater Darla lights and they should be here in the next day or so. I'm looking forward to being impressed. I'll report back when I have them fitted.

This is a very late reply to your post. I've ordered Clearwater Darla lights and they should be here in the next day or so. I'm looking forward to being impressed. I'll report back when I have them fitted.

I'm confident that you'll be quite happy with them.

I fitted the lights and took my first night-ride last night. Indeed, I am very impressed.

You made quick work of that. Well done. Glad you like them.

• 2 weeks later...

My Billie Jr arrived a few days ago and after spending some time making a mounting, it is installed. Your description of "bright" marcopolo, is an understatement.

The designers have really done their homework.

We installed a set of Krista 2's yesterday on a 16 Adventure, and the Billie Jr.

The Krista's I'm used to the OMG brightness, the Billie Jr. Is truly off the chart

bright.

marcopolo
We installed a set of Krista 2's yesterday on a 16 Adventure, and the Billie Jr.

The Krista's I'm used to the OMG brightness, the Billie Jr. Is truly off the chart

bright.

Yeah, I really dialed back the Billie Jr.

• 1 month later...

My wife just got a new to her F800GT and it has an the Clearwater Darla's and the Billy Jr. Both are awesome. The Billy Jr will let someone know you are breaking!!

Archived