IGNORED

Post your pix of Beartooth and Chief Joseph here!!!!

Whip

These are photos from my scouting trips.

Feel free to add your own.

This was taken very near the entrance to the Rock Creek Resort.

15-L.jpg

This is Chris (Lawnchairboy) following me up the pass heading west from the resort.

2-L.jpg

I took this snap near the top.

5-L.jpg

Still on top

11-L.jpg

9-L.jpg

The Three Stooges taking a viewing break. Eddd, Lawnchairboy, and me.

3-L.jpg

8-L.jpg

The Bear Tooth

6-L.jpg

WOW!

1-L.jpg

This is over the Pass heading into Yellowstone.

7-L.jpg

I think this is part of Chief Joseph Highway.

12-L.jpg

10-L.jpg

We had to buy some boots from Wayne in Cody

13-L.jpg

Just one pic, taken about a week after Sturgis this summer, as evidenced by streams of Harley riders sans helmets, some in just shirts and it was hailing toward the top! Beartooth is a magnificent expanse of beauty, hopeful to make it again coming back from AK.

0351A2BA-E2BB-4904-9A2D-1C793C61F1A6.jpg

No photo handy but I drove across it in the 60's in an old V-Dub on the way from LA to Toronto (helping a buddy with a rock festival he was promoting). Didn't know it at the time, it was just the way north from Yellowstone. The car struggled a bit and I remember looking in the rear view mirror at the top as the sun was setting and thinking, Wow those are some serious mountains!

We didn't see these guys, but it was about the same time..

pirsig3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_2334-600x450.jpg

smugmug interface has changed, can't figure out how to make the picture appear in the thread, but the link is good....

is it summer yet?

IMG_2334-600x450.jpg

smugmug interface has changed, can't figure out how to make the picture appear in the thread, but the link is good....

is it summer yet?

Instead of using the link that appears when clicking the 'share' icon, try right-clicking (Windows) directly on the picture and select your browser's 'copy image address' option. Then paste that link into a post and voila! Photo links on this site must end with a file extension like .jpg, etc. Here is the link for the picture below:

[img=https://lawnchairboy.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Red-Lodge-MT-2015/i-k52WKWh/0/X2/IMG_2334-X2.jpg]

IMG_2334-X2.jpg

On my way to Alaska 2012 on Super Tenere. Last week in June, tar snakes were out in force and made an impression on me with K60 to rear and Annakee on front.

smugshot_3662841-L.jpg

smugshot_4385923-L.jpg

IMG_2334-600x450.jpg

is it summer yet?

Let me help. Nice pictures by the way.

IMG_2334-XL.jpg

P.S. Choose picture, click on it to view, choose share icon below picture to right, then choose size, then copy that link. Paste link in image window for this site.

• 4 weeks later...

There must be a wide place in the road where the above pic was taken. I have the same shot of Chief Joseph Hwy in our collection so I won't post that one. Here are some others from our last trip to that area in 2008.

100_0197_zpsw6ghhgob.jpg

100_0206_zpsvfzudjcn.jpg

100_0194_zpsxgwak7tr.jpg

100_0204_zpswp6fxjry.jpg

My wife still has this K bike.

100_0203_zpsgldzecir.jpg

Somewhere NW of Bear Tooth on the way to Hungry Horse

100_0189_zpsjibi5izc.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived