IGNORED

1150 rt horn

jmann

it is cold as hell here in montana so bike in garage due to snow on roads. I started it up today and noticed the horn does not work. anything to look at first?

Hi jmann,

1/. Have you checked your fuses?

Fuse 4 is your horn fuse?

2/. If the fuse is OK, when you press the horn button, does the Horn relay click? Is the Horn relay seated correctly.

3/. You could disconnect the connector at the horn and see if you have 12 volts on it when the horn button is pushed.

it is cold as hell here in montana so bike in garage due to snow on roads. I started it up today and noticed the horn does not work. anything to look at first?

Morning jmann

Follow Andy's advise & if the problem points to the horn itself then maybe wait until warmer weather to test again as your horn could have some water in it (I have seen that a few times). If there is water in the horn & the water is now frozen it could be locking the horn's diaphragm up. (or heat the horn(s) with a hair dryer & re-try)

If you suspect the horn relay then you can temporally swap it out with like looking relay from another cavity in the fuse block as a quick test of the relay.

In the UK, the twin horns only arrived from the 2003 twin spark era onwards. The single spark had single horn.

jmann, you haven't completed much of your profile. it would help if you did.

Have you got an RTP model?

Archived