IGNORED

Additional Mirrors for '14 RT: R1200R v. R1200GS?

Gregg

I want to add additional mirrors to my 2014 RT. I've been reviewing the forums but would like opinions (and pics. if available) of those who have added mirrors.

Which mirror fits and works the best on RT?

- provides best rear view capability

- easily adjustable

- doesn't increase width of bike

Also, if anyone has an opinion about how to attach mirrors:

Wunderlich mirror adapter vs. GS clamp?

Advice or guidance, greatly appreciated! Thanks

I shopped at Wunderlich, if only because it was a "one stop shop" and the project wasn't terribly expensive. I chose:

Wunderlich 3272971 Mirror Adapter (2x)

Wunderlich 5116791 Stalk Mirror (2x)

They have a few different types of mirrors to choose from, but I went with the traditional round shape, which has always worked fine for me since I started riding modern BMWs. Why mess with something that works?

-MKL

I shopped at Wunderlich, if only because it was a "one stop shop" and the project wasn't terribly expensive. I chose:

Wunderlich 3272971 Mirror Adapter (2x)

Wunderlich 5116791 Stalk Mirror (2x)

They have a few different types of mirrors to choose from, but I went with the traditional round shape, which has always worked fine for me since I started riding modern BMWs. Why mess with something that works?

-MKL

Makes sense Moshe.

Does the extra squareness (shape) of the Wunderlich mirror adapter bother you at all when it's mounted on your bars?

I've got the Wunderlich mirrors and adaptors on my 2015LC.

file_zpsql2br6tx.jpg

They don't add width to the bike but I don't think they add anything to the OEM fairing mirrors (which are much improved from the 2010 -13 camhead) either. Maybe I just need to fine tune the adjustment but I find I still have a blindspot with the Wunderlich mirrors fitted.

Ian

I don't have any close up pictures of the mirror, but this is a general profile I recently took:

mam%20tour%20%285%29.jpg

I went with the traditional "round" BMW mirror shape.

-MKL

I've got the Wunderlich mirrors and adaptors on my 2015LC.

file_zpsql2br6tx.jpg

They don't add width to the bike but I don't think they add anything to the OEM fairing mirrors (which are much improved from the 2010 -13 camhead) either. Maybe I just need to fine tune the adjustment but I find I still have a blindspot with the Wunderlich mirrors fitted.

Ian

I've read that adjusting and fine tuning a bit does help. That's one of the reasons I was curious about the different mirrors. GS v. R v. wunderlich flex mirror or other.

Archived