IGNORED

Transport Motorcycle from MA to FL

roger 04 rt

I'm going to be in Florida for a while this winter (okay, bailing out on the weather) and I can't ride it down there. I have no idea where to start on selecting someone to transport my bike there.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations, advice or experiences selecting or moving a 2004 R1150RT.

RB

I'm going to be in Florida for a while this winter (okay, bailing out on the weather) and I can't ride it down there. I have no idea where to start on selecting someone to transport my bike there.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations, advice or experiences selecting or moving a 2004 R1150RT.

Morning Roger

You need a new project-- Leave your 04 at home & buy a 1200RT in Florida.

I have used Federal transport several times. They may not be the cheapest but I have never had a damage or delay issue with them.

Doug

Morning Roger

You need a new project-- Leave your 04 at home & buy a 1200RT in Florida.

Afternoon DR,

I'm actually thinking of that too.

RB

I have used Federal transport several times. They may not be the cheapest but I have never had a damage or delay issue with them.

Doug

This just came up recently on another forum I belong to. Several people talked about their experience with different companies. Here's a link:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19130

Guys, Thank you. This will help. RB

+1 on federal.

http://www.funtransport.com/

OTOH, maybe a friend or an East coaster here would ride it down for you? Gas and a plane ticket home? Just looked up Miami to Boston - American Air, nonstop, $108. Perhaps that's economical? I'd ride it for you, but I'm on the other side of the planet.

RB

D-K Transport transported my RT from FL to VA a few years ago and were great to work with.

• 2 months later...

I ended up using Keyboard Motorcycle Carries out of KY. They were easy to work with and accommodated my pickup and delivery times. In addition to the motorcycle they will accept one box up to 2' x 2' x 2' which is a huge 8 cubic fee, add that to both side cases and the top case and I got helmets, coats, boots, rainsuit, all my tools, and a shop vac, and roll-up bed into the shipment.

The motorcycle was tied down to a four wheel sled that was loaded into a 50' trailer on a tailgate lift by the driver alone. Once in the trailer the wheels were retracted and the sled was tied down.

Archived