IGNORED

2011 Sound System Question

mistral

I have an 011 and when using the USB stick the system only picks up about half of the songs. Does anyone know why this would happen? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

Ron

The format, naming and metadata requirements are pretty strict -- .mp3 only, and data string length limitations, else the radio can't "read"/display the file and will skip it. First time I tried to load up a USB stick for the bike, I ran into this problem with Apple-formated tracks. Conversion to .mp3 and editing of the metadata was the answer.

I'm sorry, I don't have the specs immediately at hand, but I will try to dig them up. In the meantime, some google searching may get you to the answer faster.

I use a USB stick. I believe the bike radio is limited to a maximum number of songs or files. Make sure all your songs are formated the same. Bit rate and so on. Try using a different flash drive with less memory. I also noticed that on my phone if I tap in a flash stick larger than 32gb the phone does not see it. The radio on the RT might not recognize a flash drive if it's too large in capacity. I currently run a 8gb flash and it sees all my files.

The songs that won't play are off of cd's so I need to see if I can convert them to mp3. Not real good with this stuff but I will attempt it.

Thanks Ron

The songs that won't play are off of cd's so I need to see if I can convert them to mp3.

When you do, limit the bit-rate to 256K -- that is the max the radio will read; anything higher is ignored when the USB stick is initially scanned.

Archived