IGNORED

New Nav

dave_albany

Ok, I even called the dealer - MAX BWM. I write their name because of their lack of an answer and lack of knowledge.

My simple question, on my 2015 1200RT, and new Nav, purchased for $800; I have no voice commands for directions. Why would the directions being generated off the integrated Nav unit,NOT come out their own speakers. I actual use ear buds, tapped to the speaker output wires at the head unit.

Anyhow, the issue is STILL no voice commands off the Nav. Am I crazy to expect voice prompts? I am hoping the uninformed dealer, (who claims not to have a manual at the dealership)is wrong.

Any information of how to hear my voice directions, would be very helpful. Again, I would prefer to use the bike's sound system for this and not BT. I do have a Sena, however, would prefer to use the hardwired buds.

Thanks

This will sound strange (pun), on the NAV V push the mute button to mute then push again. I found this out by luck and have shared it with many. You may owe Max's BMW an apology.

Jay

This will sound strange (pun), on the NAV V push the mute button to mute then push again. I found this out by luck and have shared it with many. You may owe Max's BMW an apology.

Jay

This is the ONLY way I can get voice prompts.

Ken

^^^ Correct. I picked my bike up from Max in CT and they showed me this trick as well. It works. Max is pretty damn good - you won't get far badmouthing them here.

-MKL

Thanks for the replies. When you state push the mute botton, you mean the mute on topr,right side of screen on the Nav, correct?

For the max fans, i will share with them, even Ben so they can share when RT owners call.

Thanks for the replies. When you state push the mute botton, you mean the mute on topr,right side of screen on the Nav, correct?

For the max fans, i will share with them, even Ben so they can share when RT owners call.

Yep that's the one, once muted push again to unmute. I don't know why Garmin hasn't fix this.

Jay

Similar post, my blue tooth was still on. I corrected that and sound now does come out of the speakers. Just no Nav direction, music only. Keep thinking i am missing something.

First off audio must be on, vol aprox 4 bars, nav muct have a route to follow.

try mute on/off. works on my 014. I use auto aux input so I dont a

have to listen to music while riding.

Archived