IGNORED

Lost key

markgoodrich

AGAIN. I've been losing my motorcycle key for almost twenty years now. I've been lucky in the past, having either Edd or SWMBO to hand them over, but neither was around today. I was redoing some MotoChello wire routing, went to test everything (freaking RD still not coming through) and...no key. Spent half an hour searching, finally decided to use the plastic one which I keep in my jacket, to at least see if everything is working right (freaking RD sound still not coming through), and sure enough other than the freaking RD everything is working right, then I remembered the previous owner had bought a second metal key and fob (for the nineteen things which lock from a distance, or set the alarm (I think, I've never tried it) and gave it to me when I bought the bike, and by dang, it was right where I'd put it when I got the bike home a couple years ago. So that was nice. But still, the lost key....

Which of course was in the seat lock... :dopeslap:...where it ALWAYS is when it's lost.

Afternoon Mark

Look in your seat removal lock as that is usually where the key ends up during service.

That's what I said...:)

Maybe the previous owner bought a spare key. You should look around for that.

Where is that "stirring pot" GIF again?

BTW Mark, if you are looking for "me too": I'm there.

It's either in the seat lock, one of the side cases or the ignition. And rarely on the key organizer by the door.

Mike Cassidy

AGAIN. I've been losing my motorcycle key for almost twenty years now. But still, the lost key....

Which of course was in the seat lock... :dopeslap:...where it ALWAYS is when it's lost.

Consider this karma for snarky comments to other members who just bought a nice Ducati. Payback's a b*tch, ain't it? :wave::P:rofl:

In retrospect, my comment was unfunny and unsympathetic, both rather unintended. Now the lost key Gods will have their way with me.

In retrospect, my comment was unfunny and unsympathetic, both rather unintended. Now the lost key Gods will have their way with me.

I got it, Jake, I thought it was funny.

Archived