IGNORED

2016 BMW S1000XR

Studio Seven

Surprisingly the seat on the S1000XR didn't feel that bad. But I am sure there will be plenty of aftermarket seats available soon. BMW seats vs my butt has always been a losing bet for me.

Surprisingly the seat on the S1000XR didn't feel that bad. But I am sure there will be plenty of aftermarket seats available soon. BMW seats vs my butt has always been a losing bet for me.

I'll second that the stock S1000XR seat is not too bad. Frankly, it is a little more comfortable (to me) than my stock RT seat (which I probably will change over the winter).

If they can get rid of the vibration at the bars & pegs at 5k rpm and just above, this one may well have knocked the R/RS out of the running for next bike in 2017. Every review I've watched or read on it so far has really lamented the vibe -- especially on long highway miles, where I suspect it would numb me right out. Getting mighty close, though -- it looks like an absolute blast to ride.

If they can get rid of the vibration at the bars & pegs at 5k rpm and just above, this one may well have knocked the R/RS out of the running for next bike in 2017. Every review I've watched or read on it so far has really lamented the vibe -- especially on long highway miles, where I suspect it would numb me right out. Getting mighty close, though -- it looks like an absolute blast to ride.

The S1000XR is a blast to ride! But I suspect taming the vibes will be a tough job. I have my doubts that they can do it -- I think it's the nature of this particular motor. Cruise control is your friend, on this bike. Meanwhile, the vibes have gotten a little better on mine, now that I have about 2k on the odometer.

Archived