IGNORED

Hello From North Dakota

92Merc

Thought I would finally introduce myself. My name is Dale, aka 92merc. I've been lurking on the forum for years. Been wanting an RT for years. With the recent updates to the RT, it was finally the bike I wanted.

Been riding 20 years. I still have my 1998 Honda Aero 1100. My son may take over duties of riding that. Son has a 2013 Honda CBR500R, wife has a 1999 Honda Aero 1100, and I have a 1965 Honda CA92 Benly "Baby Dream" 150cc waiting for me to restore.

The family went on a vacation to the Black Hills 2 weeks ago. I noticed a used 2015 RT with all option except alarm and central locking for sale on Sturgis BMW site. I brought my gear and took a test ride. Short story is I rode it home to Bismarck ND the next day.

It came with the Illium bar backs already. Bike only had 5800 miles on it. Got great mileage and range out of it compared to my Honda. So I'm very pleased with that. And more than enough power for me. Cruise and windshield was awesome compared to what I had.

I have a Cee Baily HL protector to install today. Fender extender coming. Want to put an Illium crash bar protector on it. Then it's off to figuring out what front lighting I want and install an air horn. Seat has to go too. My butt was done at about 250 miles. But not any different than my Corbin on the Honda.

Looking forward to keeping up on the forum.

Hi Dale, glad ya poked your head out! :wave:

Normally I'd be a bit envious of your new motorcycle purchase, ;) but, you living within a days ride of Red Lodge Montana, the location of next year's Un-rally trumps that big-time! :grin:

Have fun and post a picture or two! :thumbsup:

Pat

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Welcome. Never go on a trip without being prepared to bring a bike home!

I hope you waved at New Salem Sue on the way home. Grandfather wing of the family landed there after roaming a bit.

Normally I'd be a bit envious of your new motorcycle purchase, ;) but, you living within a days ride of Red Lodge Montana, the location of next year's Un-rally trumps that big-time! :grin:

:thumbsup:

Pat

I'll have to put that Un-Rally on my schedule. I have to work every third weekend. So hopefully it'll fit my schedule. I've been wanting to head out towards Montana. Now I'll have an excuse.

Welcome. Never go on a trip without being prepared to bring a bike home!

I hope you waved at New Salem Sue on the way home. Grandfather wing of the family landed there after roaming a bit.

I go on rides fairly often right by Sue. I like to take old highway 10 most the way to Dickinson to see my parents.

Welcome Dale, It's always nice to see another North Dakotan on the board. Enjoy that excellent ride.

Hey! I don't recall seeing another ND rider on this site. Where abouts are you?

Congrats on the new ride!

Timing was a little off,you are within a short distance of the 2015 BMWMOA National Rally in Billings,MT held last month.

You could have outfitted your bike to your hearts(and wallet) content there.Plus see how others have done their bikes.Just shy of 6000 folks in attendance.

Next year rally will be in New York State.

JR356

Archived