IGNORED

Hi

trapper

Just thought I would say Hello and introduce myself as a new member to your Forum. Just purchased a new bike this Spring, (2015 BMW R1200RT-LC ) Picked it up in May and that was the first time I rode in over 40 years, and holy did bikes ever get better. I live in Prince George BC. Canada and wish I had people up here to ride with, not really that much fun by yourself, and my buddies on their quads can't keep up.

Welcome

You might have to get new friends as the bike is happy to daily commute to work etc, but really comes into it's own when taken for at least a full day trip with a group (that has to be able to keep up)

Congratulations on the bike and welcome to both the forum and back to riding.

I read on another forum some time ago a saying that was along the lines of this:

Goldwing riders all meet in one place, ride together to a donut shop and sit to talk about their bikes. Harley riders all meet in one place, ride together to a bar, and sit to talk about their bikes. Beemer riders all meet in one place, take off in different directions, get to the campsite or hotel, have dinner, and wake up the next day to do it again.

This was not intended as a slam, just a rough quote from another forum. Some of it is true, especially the part about Beemer drivers all taking off in their own direction. I know very few people that ride with others, especially in a group of three or more.

Just thought I would say Hello and introduce myself as a new member to your Forum. Just purchased a new bike this Spring, (2015 BMW R1200RT-LC ) Picked it up in May and that was the first time I rode in over 40 years, and holy did bikes ever get better. I live in Prince George BC. Canada and wish I had people up here to ride with, not really that much fun by yourself, and my buddies on their quads can't keep up.

If you're looking to ride with like minded folks, you might want to check out our annual UNRally being held in Red Lodge Montana July 25th-29th, 2016 at the Rock Creek Resort.

It's a little over 1000 miles (or 1700 km) from you. That's about how far I rode to get to the one in Wisconsin this summer, and my RT is old enough to vote!

Above all Welcome! :thumbsup:

Hello Trapper. Prince George is a nice spot. Have made the loop from here, Slave Lake, to Dawson, Prince George, Jasper and home through Whitecourt, Swan Hills. Real nice weekend putt. Great riding in that part of the country.

Archived