IGNORED

Air Spring for Ohlins

Eckhard Grohe

Eckhard Grohe

I am a short legged rider and as I get older I would like to be able to lower my bike at intersections or at low speeds. It has Ohlins fitted and I am wondering if there is an adjustable air spring I can fit to the shock. I have seen units for Harleys but none for Ohlins yet. Anyone see any????

I can't answer your question, but what a great idea! Imagine this... Pull up to a stop and the bike drops 2" - fantastic.

Then thumb a button, it winds up to full extension to make putting it on the centrestand easier. That would be great.

Eckhard Grohe

I could finally flat foot it at a stop. They have this for Harleys by a company called Arnott. They use Goodyear sleeves

Ohlins has an air spring shock for bicycles.

And for the electronically gifted they could come up with a circuit that senses the wheel rotation/acceleration and raises the bike from a start. Or lowers it below a certain speed sensing the application of brakes and deceleration.. The possibilities are greater than my cash reserves. :(

Head off to a custom car show, talk to some low-riders, get some hydraulics and you will be set. Your could cruise down Main street.

All kidding aside maybe hydraulics is a answer.

Eckhard Grohe

There are hydraulics present in the form of a spring preloader to adjust for load. Perhaps making something with a longer travel would be the solution.

Archived