IGNORED

All about the rooms

Whip

This thread is only about the sleeping accommodations.

You will be able to begin making reservations on September 1, 2015.

The rooms are blocked July 25-29, 2016.

You will need to tell them you are part of the BMWST UN Rally Group.

The group dinner will be Tuesday the 26th starting around 6:30

There is a non refundable $20 fee per room reservation. You can cancel your reservation 14 days before the event but you will lose the $20.

Before or soon after making your reservation you will be required to pay $55/person to the UN Rally Registration which will also be up and running on September 1, 2015. I will be getting monthly reports from the resort so if you forget to register Bob (Killer) or myself will be contacting you.

I will tell you what you get for $55 before registration opens.

Here is a description of the rooms and their rates.

If you have any questions or comments about the arrangements please ask them in this thread I, Bob (Killer), Chris (lawnchairboy), or eddd will answer them. If we don’t have an answer I will get one.

Included in your room will be a hot breakfast every morning not warmed over pastries but a real breakfast.

There are 25 rooms with a single king size bed that start at $120

There are 41 rooms with two beds that also start at $120 and go to $141 some of the more expensive rooms in this group are bigger with kitchens and fireplaces.

There are a few rooms with three beds and an open party area for $207

There are “Deluxe Apartments” for $171 that have two beds, kitchenette, fireplace, and can be opened to the adjoining rooms for a family or group that want to hang out together.

There is one “Executive Suite” with a party room, 3 beds, fireplace, and kitchen for $232.

They also have two “Townhouses” that have up to 4 beds in them and 2 1/2 baths for $351. Great for families!

There is also a honeymoon suite called the Stoney Cabin with a private hot tub and secluded outdoor deck for $311. (Mrs Whip and I stayed there a few months ago.)

Many rooms have decks with either river views or views of the grass and pond courtyard area.

Additional information is be available at http://www.rockcreekresort.com/accommodations/

Whip

There is also a honeymoon suite called the Stoney Cabin with a private hot tub and secluded outdoor deck for $311. (Mrs Whip and I stayed there a few months ago.)

Whip

Looking forward to the stay!

Thanks, Larry n Mrs. Whip, et al for all your efforts!!

luv da robes.

img_6249.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The rooms are blocked July 25-29, 2016.

Whip

I assume that means arriving on the 25th and departing the morning of the 29th, so Friday the 29th is not a full day?

I believe you are correct. This place doesn't have any problems with having empty rooms in the summer so I would suggest anyone who wants to extend their stay to book as early as possible.

We also booked four nights starting on the 25th - that's what the young lady on the phone said everyone else had been doing.

josh

:lurk:

Not quite everyone. I plan to arrive Sunday and leave Friday.

I did inquire about booking Friday and possibly Saturday night after the Un. I don't have firm plans for it, but asked about typical availability. She said to try to plan as far ahead as possible. They have a lot of weddings and such throughout the summer and they are actually quite busy on weekends. Sounded like it wasn't all that easy to book unless done well in advance.

Archived