IGNORED

Removing the Clutch Housing r1150rt '04

BackInTheSaddle

BackInTheSaddle

I have been in the process of getting at the Clutch Housing to replace it because a tooth broke off. I am down to the 5 bolts that secure it and am having a hard time removing them.

I was finally able to keep the wheel from turning using a clamp and a small pry bar. Now its getting those 5 bolts off. All of the other bolts come off "Counter Clockwise" so I am assuming these would too, but they are difficult. So I thought before I really mess something up I'd ask the question because I know in some cases bolts are threaded in the opposite direction.

If these five are threaded normally, i'll just grab a pipe for a little leverage.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Normal threads. A lot of torque, as you are discovering. You can hold the flywheel at tdc by inserting something (screwdriver or hex key works great) into the hole in the flywheel that goes to a hole behind it. It's up by the starter. I did that, then used an impact wrench to get them off.

BackInTheSaddle

Hey Jim Thank You, worked perfectly. I did review the ignition area in the Clymer manual and it does talk about the TDC hole and corresponding receptacle.

I don't have an impact wrench, so I just added an extension to the handle of my ratchet and applied pressure.. This has been a long/slow process for me so I am excited to be putting everything back together.

One more thing. Those big screws are one-time use. They're also a little pricy. I have a set I'll get in the mail today if you're interested. $15 shipped to the lower 48. P/N 11 22 341 472.

BackInTheSaddle

Well I guess almost... LOL

I tried looking up the part # and could not find it anywhere to confirm. What bike are these for?

BackInTheSaddle

GM Jim, still been looking around and still can't verify P/N... if the part fits 04' r1150rt I'd appreciate being able to buy them from you. Let me know and if you do PayPal

BackInTheSaddle

Hey Andy, Thanks perfect info. Click on the clutch single parts and you have the enlarged image along with individual parts... excellent!

so its part # 11 22 1 341 472

Let me know Jim and if you take paypal I'll set it up.

Thanks Andy!

Archived