IGNORED

Sena 10c - multi-rider coversations?

szurszewski

Hey all - anyone know much about the Sena 10c?

My wife and I have added our son to our rides and want to upgrade our coms so we call all blather at each other at once. (We currently have the very first Sena units).

I understand that with the 20s, as well as some other brands' newest models, more than two riders can all share a conversation. I see the 10c says something like it can link four coms together, but I can't tell if that means all can talk at once, or if you can have A to B OR B to C OR A to C. We want A B AND C to all be able to hear each other at once.

Yes, I've emailed Sena, but it's Friday night and I'm impatient :)

thanks!

josh

Yes, the conference mode means all of you will hear when one speaks. The 10C manual (page 34) gives details on how to connect and manage the call.

I'd be more concerned that your "very first Sena units" do not support the three-way intercom feature. Even some of the newer models (like the 5C) do not have three-way capability. Check your manual.

Thanks Larry - I've gone through tons of pages of reviews and specs online - not sure why it didn't occur to me to simply download and read the manual.

Now I just have to figure out which units we should all get. Pretty sure I'm going to get a 10c for me - have to see if the wife and boy want cameras as well.

thanks again -

josh

to clarify, I was trying to say that the units we have currently are the first version of the SMH10 - ours don't have the usb port or ability to upgrade the firmware - and I'm pretty sure based on the manual and experience that they can only communicate with one other unit at a time (though you can pair several and switch back and forth between conversations).

to clarify, I was trying to say that the units we have currently are the first version of the SMH10 - ours don't have the usb port or ability to upgrade the firmware - and I'm pretty sure based on the manual and experience that they can only communicate with one other unit at a time (though you can pair several and switch back and forth between conversations).

Josh,

I think you are correct. I believe they added 3-way conferencing with the version 3.3 upgrade and 4-way after that (maybe 4.0). I assume if you have a module without usb ports, you've got a firmware version well under that.

Josh,

I think you are correct. I believe they added 3-way conferencing with the version 3.3 upgrade and 4-way after that (maybe 4.0). I assume if you have a module without usb ports, you've got a firmware version well under that.

If I looked through my old posts long enough I could probably figure out when we got these - but I'm relatively certain it was within the first year they were available (and I think in the first part of that year). Up until wanting to talk to more than one person at a time which wasn't an issue until this spring, they've been great - though on the last couple of rides we had some minor trouble getting them to stay connected. Looking forward to playing with all the new features. :)

Archived