IGNORED

SENA OR SHUBERTH

BMWHELYUN

OK riders, I need some advise and wisdom....I got the new RT...loaded and I got the shuberth helmet C3 pro....what do you recommend for the communication/audio module? which manufacturer makes the easiest to use and install? any pit falls I should be aware of? thanks in advance...

Slyder_Steve

I've got an Arai and the Sena 20s--decent bit of kit. If I had a Shuberth, I'd go with the SRC. Can't comment on its form/fit/function, but it's specifically built for the helmet.

Hey and do us a favor...fill in some of your profile so we know where you're at!

Good luck--awesome bike!

Steve

Have a C3 with the SRC. Replaced the SRC with the Sena20s and much better unit. Night and day difference. The SRC may be better integrated into the helmet but the Sena is light years ahead of the SRC. Schubert should be ashamed especially for the price you pay for it.

Well a little off subject, but thought I would share this. My Sena SMH 10 worked ok, not great, until 2 weeks ago. The bracket that holds the main unit broke rendering the thing unusable. I wrote to Sena and asked if they would help. In fairness to Sena the 2 year warranty was up by about 3 weeks. They said no, no exceptions. I explained to them I only used that helmet occasionally, it is always stored in my home so not exposed to heat or cold, and it had not been used for nearly 4 months. Same answer...buy another one, we can't help you. So again yes within their rights from a warranty perspective, but honestly very surprised at the response. On other mc websites I have seen this issue of broken bracket several times so probably similar to final drives....what issue, we aren't aware of an issue.

Have a C3 with the SRC. Replaced the SRC with the Sena20s and much better unit. Night and day difference. The SRC may be better integrated into the helmet but the Sena is light years ahead of the SRC. Schubert should be ashamed especially for the price you pay for it.

What exactly makes the Sena20 better then the SRC?

Your statement is very general with no details what makes one better then the other.

• 1 month later...

Same here. Had the BMW system in a C3 Pro, didn't like the sound quality, Sena 20S way better all around...sound quality in particular. I like the option to have wired earbuds out the audio output.

terryofperry

The BMW system and the Schuberth SRC system are different systems. The SRC is equivalent to the Cardo G4, the Sena 20S is a much newer unit, I would expect it to have better technology and of course the ear bud options. It depends on what you want, the SRC was state of the art at the time and is very well integrated into the collar. Schuberth support is second to no manufacturer. In my opinion, the Cardo G9 and the Sena 20s are superior to the SRC but just my thoughts. Surely he has chosen one by now.

Terry

Archived