IGNORED

Torrey XXX

Whip

I think it's #30?

Anyway... September 25-27 is right around the corner.

Louise will be arriving on the 23rd leaving the 28th ... I will be her driver.

Hope to see all our good friends.

L and L

Who's in?

The brothers MN are in.

I'm trying to come up with a plan to get my new-to-me wr250r there. I think it's too big to be a carry-on? :rofl:

19782719846_9d3daaa2d7_b.jpgP1050431 by mnTwin, on Flickr

I might have to ride it there! :grin:

You might want to leave this week..

Do you know something I should be made aware of? :S

Or have you just seen me ride? :rofl:

120 mile fuel range and a less-than-comfortable seat is what I was thinking. You want to be able to walk once you get there. :P

I'm confirmed at the CW 23rd-27th.

Planning on riding the RT but I wish I could bring the DRZ400 too.

We have the same dilemma.... Oh yeah, Bullett and I are IN. 23rd-28th.

I'm IN. Hopefully with a desert rat I haven't seen in a year, currently inhabiting Idaho.

I think this is #29 if my math is right. Fall of 2001 was officially Torrey #2 and the first public Torrey. #1 was a small select group of the founding fathers of this website exploring the area to see if it was worthy and not publicized.

I'll be there if I'm able to make the grueling 200 mile trip.

As usual I have the toy hauler and will be staying at the Sand Creek RV Park. I'm still trying to decide exactly what toys will come along, but the CBR900RR will be one of them along with one of my dual sports...and maybe the ATV?

I'm IN. Hopefully with a desert rat I haven't seen in a year, currently inhabiting Idaho.

I think this is #29 if my math is right. Fall of 2001 was officially Torrey #2 and the first public Torrey. #1 was a small select group of the founding fathers of this website exploring the area to see if it was worthy and not publicized.

Near as I can tell from my past photos Fall Torrey's are even numbers

I think

I think

They are. I searched back to Torrey X, Fall 2005; and Torrey XX, Fall 2010. I've previously done some other searches, all with consistent numbering. I've found two references to Torrey V being in Spring 2003. And I believe that if Fall '01 was Torrey II, that is also consistent.

If we're off, we've been off for a very long time, because everything I can find is consistent with this being XXX.

I think

They are. I searched back to Torrey X, Fall 2005; and Torrey XX, Fall 2010. I've previously done some other searches, all with consistent numbering. I've found two references to Torrey V being in Spring 2003. And I believe that if Fall '01 was Torrey II, that is also consistent.

If we're off, we've been off for a very long time, because everything I can find is consistent with this being XXX.

I agree with Jan

:eek:

Firefight911

I think

I agree with Jan

The Earth just tilted four degrees to starboard!

Ok had to break out my abacus, an old Texas Instruments Scientific Calculator and used my toes. I agree it's #30 counting up from #2 in fall of 2001. Kinda scary to think we've been doing this for this long.

I regret that my plans have changed and I won't make it to this Torrey event. I'll be in OK with my mother who is experiencing worsening dementia issues and I need to visit her now. A room is available at the Chuckwagon. I hope Spring Torrey 2016 will workout for me. I'll miss seeing you all.

Ok had to break out my abacus, an old Texas Instruments Scientific Calculator and used my toes. I agree it's #30 counting up from #2 in fall of 2001. Kinda scary to think we've been doing this for this long.

:thumbsup::grin:

120 mile fuel range and a less-than-comfortable seat is what I was thinking. You want to be able to walk once you get there. :P

I'm working on it! :grin: Put a new Seat Concepts seat on today. Way more comfortable! I'm going to try to work on the fuel capacity problem too.

20983668592_b7453877b8_b.jpgP1050432 by mnTwin, on Flickr

I'm working on it! :grin: Put a new Seat Concepts seat on today. Way more comfortable! I'm going to try to work on the fuel capacity problem too.

Here's one idea, I think it's mounted to the bars (WR250X).

032-L.jpg

With a seat and a windshield you can make almost anything comfortable.

IMG_1059-L.jpg

I regret that my plans have changed and I won't make it to this Torrey event. I'll be in OK with my mother who is experiencing worsening dementia issues and I need to visit her now. A room is available at the Chuckwagon. I hope Spring Torrey 2016 will workout for me. I'll miss seeing you all.

Sorry to hear that, Barry. I know how tough a situation like that can be.

I think

I agree with Jan

I didn't know there was such a thing as a Fall Torrey. I thought it was only in the spring.

Is like those UnRallies I keep hearing about?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm IN, although I'll be staying 3 mi. east of town at Affordable Inn. Everything else was booked. I'd stayed there before years ago when it was new, and it was a Comfort Inn, I think. Arriving Friday, departing Monday.

I'm IN, although I'll be staying 3 mi. east of town at Affordable Inn. Everything else was booked. I'd stayed there before years ago when it was new, and it was a Comfort Inn, I think. Arriving Friday, departing Monday.
It was originally a Holiday Inn about 20 years ago!

The Missus and I are out again....keep having to make these Westerly trips when I get a few days off....Will miss you all..Mebbe next year..... :mad:

Good news is there is another opening at the CW for some lucky individual......

I'll be passing through Torrey briefly that weekend. I should get in Friday evening, and head out Saturday morning travelling north to WY, ID, MT, and wherever else I can squeeze into my days off. I've spent several nights in Torrey in the past few years, but the last time I actually attended a BMWST Torrey was Fall '08. I'll stop by the Chuckwagon for provisions and see if I recognize anyone. I'll be riding my FJR1300, however. The trusty old RT-P gets to stay home this time.

The Chuckwagon, Boulder View, and Capitol Reef Inn are all booked up. I'll be at the Days Inn, unfortunately. A bit too far to walk to Café Diablo.

... I'll be at the Days Inn, unfortunately. ...

Days Inn was booked-up also when I tried about a week-ago.

The Broken Spur on the hill above the Days Inn is a much better hotel.
I'll be passing through Torrey briefly that weekend. I should get in Friday evening, and head out Saturday morning travelling north to WY, ID, MT, and wherever else I can squeeze into my days off. I've spent several nights in Torrey in the past few years, but the last time I actually attended a BMWST Torrey was Fall '08. I'll stop by the Chuckwagon for provisions and see if I recognize anyone. I'll be riding my FJR1300, however. The trusty old RT-P gets to stay home this time.

The Chuckwagon, Boulder View, and Capitol Reef Inn are all booked up. I'll be at the Days Inn, unfortunately. A bit too far to walk to Café Diablo.

The Diablo hasn't been a big gathering place for us lately. Seems as though people like the Saddlery a lot. Good food and good prices. Across the street from the Boulder View.

The Diablo hasn't been a big gathering place for us lately. Seems as though people like the Saddlery a lot. Good food and good prices. Across the street from the Boulder View.

Too bad. I like the cactus juice at The Diablo.

That's good to know. I saw the Saddlery while under construction a couple of years ago, and then on a later Torrey/Boulder View layover the place was closed the night I was in town. Maybe I'll get to check it out this year.

The Broken Spur on the hill above the Days Inn is a much better hotel.

The Broken Spur was booked up a few weeks ago when I checked and ended up reserving the Days Inn. A few hours ago, I checked the Spur again...they must have had some cancellations, because they had two rooms available! I quickly booked one, and I'll cancel my Days Inn reservation tomorrow. The Chuckwagon and B.V. are still booked, of course.

EVERYONE is WELCOME to stop by Cabin #9 anytime for sugar cookies, snack mix and visiting with old and new friends.

L and L

Damn! Wish I could make it. Especially since there will be cookies!

Archived