IGNORED

Handlebar risers, peg lowering kits

chopsieze

Anyone ride an r1100rt that is around 6'7"? I'd like to find a peg lowering kit but they're kind of expensive so waiting to find a deal I can afford but in the mean time would like to try handlebar risers.

Does anyone know of any that don't bring them back much or at all? Is there any possible way to move them forward?

I have a 7' wingspan and trying to figure out anything I can do to help me with my riding position. I recently read Master Yoda's little write up and it's great but I think in order to get close without being completely custom I need some of these kits installed.

Peg lowering is frequently used no matter your height. Yes, they a little "spend" but you want secure, good quality parts there.

Suburban Machinery is the first choice.

Risers and barracks are not a much money but may do the job for you. I have a set of Moto Techniques from my '05 RT. I do not know if they would fit but it should be easy to determine this. Will make a good price...

Peg lowering is frequently used no matter your height. Yes, they a little "spend" but you want secure, good quality parts there.

Suburban Machinery is the first choice.

Risers and barracks are not a much money but may do the job for you. I have a set of Moto Techniques from my '05 RT. I do not know if they would fit but it should be easy to determine this. Will make a good price...

Thanks! I'll try and figure it out and get back to you.

... I recently read Master Yoda's little write up and it's great but I think in order to get close without being completely custom I need some of these kits installed.

Being familiar with Master Yoda's suggestions, I'm not clear why you'd need _risers_ for the bars given your stature .. but depending on budget, you might look into a new, taller seat (and make sure yours is in the top position now). Something like a Russell Day Long will give you leg room and comfort at the same time. Or, have yours rebuilt.

Being familiar with Master Yoda's suggestions, I'm not clear why you'd need _risers_ for the bars given your stature .. but depending on budget, you might look into a new, taller seat (and make sure yours is in the top position now). Something like a Russell Day Long will give you leg room and comfort at the same time. Or, have yours rebuilt.

You are probably right about the bars, I know I need to bend at my hips more and that I have a problem slouching. I do feel like if the bars were higher it would help me straighten up but I don't think I want them closer. Up and forward seems ideal.

I'm sure a seat would help a lot too but budget is an issue right now. If I get the bike running the way I feel it should and decide I'm going to ride more I will go for it though. This is my first bike I've owned that is even close to fitting me and I have been riding a lot more (mostly commuting). I ruptured a disc in my back 1.5 years ago and combining riding everyday to work and moving furniture the last couple weeks my back has flared up and really brought riding posture to attention.

• 1 month later...

Archived