IGNORED

Menu Button Sticking

narcosis

My Menu/Menu Favorite button keeps sticking when toggling through the screens. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone disassembled and cleaned the switch?

Ken

My Menu/Menu Favorite button keeps sticking when toggling through the screens. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone disassembled and cleaned the switch?

Ken

Take it back to the dealer - it is under warranty.

Take it back to the dealer - it is under warranty.

...the closest dealer is not close. I may have to load it up in the truck and make a trip. I was hoping for an easy DIY fix.

• 1 month later...

Ken

Had the problem, it's a known issue, warranty replacement, easy.

Do we know if it is a fixable problem? Because once the bikes are out of warranty it could become very expensive to just replace these items.

Do we know if it is a fixable problem? Because once the bikes are out of warranty it could become very expensive to just replace these items.

Take it apart and lube it! How hard is that?

So, to clarify, is the switch is dismantlable? - (is that even a real word?)

Many things are bonded in such a way as to prevent user inspection / access.

Many things are bonded in such a way as to prevent user inspection / access.

I don't know. Take it apart and find out. It's a switch, not the space shuttle.

...... It's a switch, not the space shuttle.

The question is do you live in the real world? It doesn't have to be the space shuttle in today's plastic/ electronic world for switches to be destroyed by any attempt to repair them; even by rocket scientists. :dopeslap:

...... It's a switch, not the space shuttle.

The question is do you live in the real world? It doesn't have to be the space shuttle in today's plastic/ electronic world for switches to be destroyed by any attempt to repair them; even by rocket scientists. :dopeslap:

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, maybe it came across that way.

No one has responded with actual knowledge, so I was suggesting you take out the screws and look at it. Perhaps it's a molded unit that you can't service, perhaps not. Either way, find out and tell the rest of us.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, maybe it came across that way.

No one has responded with actual knowledge, so I was suggesting you take out the screws and look at it. Perhaps it's a molded unit that you can't service, perhaps not. Either way, find out and tell the rest of us.

Agreed, but I'm sure we are going to have to wait until post warranty to find out. :lurk:

Archived