IGNORED

Transmission vent?

georgem

I parked my bike at a friends house todey, He has a shell drive heavily grassed over. Bike was on center stand. Went inside for a few minutes and when I came out, The bike was taking a nap on its left side. I used the method taught here to upright the tired bike. (Worked great). A small amount of oil, 1/4 cup??? dribbled out on the ground. I will check all fluids, however I believe it was from the moter. My question is, does the tranny have a vent and will it lose oil if bike is on its side?

There IS a transmission vent but I doubt that was the source of your oil Smell the spilled oil and it should be obvious if it's engine oil or tranny lube. I'm guessing you dribbled a little of the collected oil out of your airbox housing.

Mick

I don't know about your fluid spill, but I bet you won't put your bike on the center stand on grass anymore! The day I brought my shiny new RT home, I parked it in my yard, on the lawn, on the center stand. I figured no problem, summer, dry and hard, wrong!! I looked out the kitchen window and there she lay, on her side, like a whale, left mirrior, broken all to shit, but the housing survived. I think the mirror and internals cost me about $75.00. I have talked to other folks who are reluctant to put the bike on the center stand on anything but concrete. Did you break anything? <<<<Softtail>>>> dopeslap.giffrown.gifdopeslap.gif

Archived