IGNORED

Back Roads, Beach, n Burgers. Aug 15, 2015

Groanup

It's been a while and I'm having a hankerin' for a ride and a good burger, so I'm going to Jalama Beach Next Saturday.

Stoping at The Starbuck's near Magic Mountain for a cup o joe. Leaving there about 8:30 or so and heading to the beach all the time avoiding the dreaded 101.

To Jalama Beach

Some of these roads I have never been on so it will be an adventure!

For the ride back home (subject to change of course) I'm thinking I'll head back to Ojai, north on 33, take Lockwood Valley road into Frazier Park and then see how much energy I have left. :grin:

Wanna come?

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to reschedule this ride... :P

Not only is it supposed to be triple digit temps along with high humidity, but I just learned about a multi chapter "Star" ride to Jalama Beach this same day.

I do not want to get tangled up with that, so I'll try again later.

Maybe a breakfast ride to Wrightwood though...

I will be looking for the reschedule of the ride.Took first ride in awhile on Sunday and quite nice. August 15 is wife's birthday so going to Oceanside to in laws for cake and ice cream and it would not have been wise to say I"m going to go buy a hamburger instead. Will probably take Honda. Do you mind stopping for gas every 100 miles or so. :rofl: I will bring a siphon hose just in case.

Do you know for a fact that it is finished?

I was up there a week ago and sat at a flagman for about 20 minutes before turning around and taking Big Tujunga instead.

Do you know for a fact that it is finished?

I was up there a week ago and sat at a flagman for about 20 minutes before turning around and taking Big Tujunga instead.

We were up there Monday, and had to stop once near the bottom and once near the top so it appears they were working from the middle out. It appeared to be 95% finished at the time, so I can't imagine them not being done by now. But just checked the county site and it still says expect delays :( Damn gubmint workers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Don, if it makes a diff, I'll be off Sep 4-14, but may schedule a trip to Pacific Grove and Hwy 1 in there. I got to tell ya, the weekday rides are are so nice with sparse traffic. As an example, we left Mt Baldy and encountered 1 car that was going the other way on the way to Glendora, and passed no cars going our way.

I got to tell ya, the weekday rides are are so nice with sparse traffic.

Preachin' to the choir John.

I'll keep those dates in mind. Work is on again off again lately, so I never know when I'm going to have a surprise day off. (that's how I know about week day rides... :grin: )

If it works out that i get one of those days off, I'll pm you. If all the stars align maybe we can take a ride to the beach...

:wave:

I got to tell ya, the weekday rides are are so nice with sparse traffic.

Preachin' to the choir John.

I'll keep those dates in mind. Work is on again off again lately, so I never know when I'm going to have a surprise day off. (that's how I know about week day rides... :grin: )

If it works out that i get one of those days off, I'll pm you. If all the stars align maybe we can take a ride to the beach...

:wave:

Guys, I have a confession to make........ I have not been to Jalama Beach nor have I tasted the highly exhalted Jalama Burger!

That ride is on my short list of rides I wanna make, so if I promise to behave, will ya keep me posted?

Don J :wave:

so when is the ride rescheduled? You guys need someone of my maturity to keep you inline

Maturity? We could try to get EDDDD to go too.

You guys know I can hear you right? Except maybe EDDDDD

eddd doesn't need to hear, he's omniscient. Be careful. ;)

Archived