IGNORED

Tipped Over, Need Parts

BigTup

I tipped over my 09 r1200rt and need a right side (throttle side) hard case, front turn signal lense, and the fairing piece next to it. It's the light silver color. I checked beemerboneyard.com with no luck. Any ideas? I have the ability to do the paint work if needed, what about a source for paint?

BigTup - as of a couple of months ago Rubber Side Up had some RT parts, and R.I.G.S. Motorsports has a few R12RTPs that you might be able to score from.

I've gotten touchup paint from ColorRite. However, considering how expensive paint/activator/clearcoat/reducer are and how much you waste doing a small paint job, you may be better to just take it to your local auto body shop and have them do it.

JayJay

I tried beemerboneyard.com with no luck, looks like a dying site, everything out of stock. I decided to buy ColorRite paint. I'm a finisher, so I can do this. Both cases will get painted to ensure a color match, plus both have scratches anyway.

I tried beemerboneyard.com with no luck, looks like a dying site, everything out of stock.

BeemerBoneYard isn't dying, it's just the way they maintain their site. BBY keeps the used part description online after the part is sold so they don't have to re-enter it, and they add a link so you can be notified the next time that particular part becomes available.

Archived