IGNORED

Are the windsreens on the 1150 and the 1100 the same?

GearedForACure

The early shields had 3 mounting holes, the later shields have 2.

However, the third hole was centered between the outer two and used to secure the black mounting pieces to the shield, not to the lift mechanism. The two lift mechanism holes match, consequently you can use the later shields on a '99.

So, you can either cut off the mounting nipple on the earlier black pieces or do as I did and order two newer style pieces for about $5 each - an easy expense rationalization since your old ones are probably weathered and faded anyway smile.gif

Another option is to drill the two missing holes in the new screen, which doesn't require modifying the existing mounting bracket or ordering any new parts. Use masking tape and go slow and it's an easy job.

But.....If you want to have some fun;

Since you're planning to replace it...before you doooooo.

Buy some hvy duty plastic polish and try buffing out the scratches.

You'll be amazed. thumbsup.gif

Feel free to PayPal me with the money you saved on the replacement sheild grin.gif

I was thinking the w/s for the 04's were different. Will shield from an 04 fit all the 1150's?
the holes in the 04 screen are in a slightly different spot. The screen still fits, but its not exact

M

I need a new windscreen for my 99 r1100rt, it is scratched. I was wondering if they are the same as the 1150RT windscreens.

Are you looking to replace it with a stocker? If so send me a p.m as I have a stocker sitting in a box that came off my '96 RT.

Archived