IGNORED

Hi y'all from a new Bama Beemer Owner

Will46r

Hi, Will from Alabama. New owner of an 02 R1150rtp with 100k. Grew up riding sport touring bikes, got the bug to buy one now that I'm retired. Love Beeemers, lover sport tourers. Best friend owns an indy Harley shop and had someone offer him this bike really cheap. Well now here I am with something to work on and hopefully ride soonish.

I'm making a resurrection thread to track my journey in the Oilhead forum. Thanks, Will

Welcome, Will.

Being retired you should have all the time you need to make any fixes, upgrades, et cetera and get the rubber on the road pronto. Good luck and enjoy.

Hey Will,

Welcome from another Alabama BMWST'er. There's also a pretty active Alabama chapter of the BMW M/C Owner's Club, inc ase you're interested. I don't get out as much as I'd like to, but get in touch if you're ever planning a trip toward B'ham or north AL. Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Hey Will,

Welcome from another Alabama BMWST'er. There's also a pretty active Alabama chapter of the BMW M/C Owner's Club, inc ase you're interested. I don't get out as much as I'd like to, but get in touch if you're ever planning a trip toward B'ham or north AL. Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Thanks for the invite, I see a few Beemers around here, mainly GS. I'd like to get up to Bham, or other areas. Not sure if my butt is leathery enough for a ride to SC yet.

You're retired...take it in stages! :grin: Next event, Fall Appalachian Riding Tour, Asheville, NC LINK

No better way to get to know this great group! Cheers!

Welcome Will. Enjoy your new ride!

I too would recommend FART in Asheville. I will not make it this year due to scheduling conflicts. Great group of folks at that event. Awesome riding country. Pretty much in favorites.

Cheers from Rocket City!

Archived