IGNORED

pick up my RT 8/5/15

BMWHELYUN

Hi guys Im new to this forum and joined because Im picking up my new RT on Wednesday....Im asking for your advise....is there anything I should do or ask, or an accessory I should consider...before I leave the dealer??

I look forward to being a contributor here when I know more about the RT...Thank you

Ask for your first service free of charge! Comes up quickly, and if you don't have a GS 911 wi-fi tool you cannot reset the service indicator yourself. If you want a topcase see if you can work a deal on that. That way they will have the lockset keyed to the bike and ready to go.

Just check the bike over yourself. Figure they overlooked some stuff. It is a good way to get to know the bike.

I'd expect a big discount on accessories purchased before or during pickup. 20% is the usual rate. Check the accessories in the BMW catalog and see what you need, and then go from there.

-MKL

Just got mine last week. I got 10% off all accessories. Tried for the free break in but no go lol. Oh well. A minor thing though....my dealer auto installs a battery tender lead on all their bikes free of charge. Thought that was a nice touch and I've used it already. Also the RT apparently has a newer software update that claims to smooth out the clutchless shifting which they did when installing the top case brake light.

Hello and welcome.

I can think of a few things that I added to my 14RT that you can add to your 15RT , a Stebel Nautilus horn ( the stock one sucks ) , Navigator V , motor guards , larger side stand foot ,Hyper-Lite running/brake light combination ,front fender extension , TechSpec tank grips , Applied Graphics saddle bag decals ( really lights up the back of your bike at night ) ,tank bag,top trunk ( the cheaper one ) And if you ride year round you might want to have a power port (15 amp ) installed on the lower left side panel behind your leg for your heated clothing and last but not least a set of PR4 tires I'm on my fourth set and have never found a better tire for wear and handling most dealers have all of these items in stock or can get them for you.Have fun and keep it rubber side down .

You should of seen me when I left the dealer...Tooling down the country roads, listening to sirius radio with a BIG SMILE on my face... What a ride..The RT turns by itself and is smooth and looks to be a formidable tourer...Unfortunately Its too tall for me...I need a leg stretcher or elevator shoes! lol

Ask the dealer to swap stock seat for low. They will do it gratis if you're serious about buying, and you'll come much closer to flatfooting the bike.

-MKL

Archived