IGNORED

'09 RT 619 miles

kltk165

Wow - if I was closer and still in the market, I'd be bidding...

After selling my from-new 07 RT prox 3 yrs ago with immediate regrets, I was in denial of my mistake thus bought 3 older oilheads as replacement. This 09 RT is well documented and has backing of a known respected dealer, so seems no worries. That 09 has a few incremental updates that my 07 did not, even if no factory audio. If it can be had at the "right" price, I suspect somebody is gonna be a happy new owner!

While shopping for my Wethead, I came across a 2013 90th Ani Camhead RT with 172 miles. (Not a typo - 172.) It was stock other than having an Akrapovic pipe. Problem is, the owner was at $19,000 firm, which is about what you can buy a brand new (under warranty) RT for. So I passed. But low mileage models are out there!

-MKL

WOW - I just rolled over 150,000 miles on my '09 RT this morning. If I thought the bike didn't have another 100k in her I might be shopping!

Our local dealership sold an LT to a guy a number of years ago. They delivered it to his house with 19 miles on it. They went back a couple years later to pick it up, and sell it on consignment. It still had 19 miles on it. They said the guy had pushed it into his bedroom, and used it as a stereo. He never rode it.

They said the guy had pushed it into his bedroom, and used it as a stereo. He never rode it.

I wonder what he had in his living room. Porche?

szurszewski
They said the guy had pushed it into his bedroom, and used it as a stereo. He never rode it.

I wonder what he had in his living room. Porche?

I wonder what the door to his bedroom looked like - I've got french doors going to my back porch but it would still be tricky to get a bike in there (and I'd have to take either the bed or the dresser out to make room for it).

• 2 weeks later...
Our local dealership sold an LT to a guy a number of years ago. They delivered it to his house with 19 miles on it. They went back a couple years later to pick it up, and sell it on consignment. It still had 19 miles on it. They said the guy had pushed it into his bedroom, and used it as a stereo. He never rode it.

Clearly a bachelor ...

Oh they're out there alright. About 3 years ago I picked up a '93 R1100RSL that had never been ridden or even started since it left the factory. Still had some of the original gas in the tank that was used for the acceptance dyno run. That gas was brown and very nasty smelling. Needless to say the first thing to replace was the frozen fuel pump. She now has about 5K miles and runs like a top especially after installation of an innovate Motorsports wideband O2 sensor with LC-2 controller set for 13.0:1 AFR.

Archived