IGNORED

Finally an RT

Daveyator

I always thought the R was the best bike BMW made (I've had three). But I always hated the seat and windshield options. Even as a kid though I ogled the R100RT. When buying my second R I did everything but actually ride the RT. Well I sold my '11 R12R, test rode the new RT this time and now have a blue one. Now the only dilemma for me is which intercom to get. I had and hated a Schuberth C3 pro so I guess it won't be BMW. I still like the R and was afraid I would miss them. I only do when pushing Big Blue in and out of the garage.

image.jpg1_zpsjazw2cri.jpg

Congrats to your new bike Dave

In regards to Intercom:

The "ONLY 100% compatible unit is BMW's own Intercom".

Schuberth used to make the helmets for BMW, but as far as I am aware..not anymore.

My understanding is that BMW now finally makes their own helmets IN-House.

If you don't need 100% integration, then there are quite a few systems about that will do the job. Plenty of info about alternatives on this and other forums.

You picked the fast color!!! Congratulation, Dave. Now, all that you have to do is paint the top-box to match the bike!

67890d1414172812-welcome-show-your-scoots-dsc_1620.jpg

I don't have any issues with wheeling the RT in/out of the garage at all, because after every ride, I just ride the RT into the garage and put it up on Park-n-Move, spin it around 180 deg. and I am ready for the next ride!

As for the communicator - I also have been using a SENA for many years now, but you should do your own research to make sure that whatever you pick will meet with your requirements.

Thanks guys. You make painting the trunk lid look awfully nice. My dealer says SENA is the best after market com system. Not sure of my " requirements". Probably answer a call, music, talk to passenger. Its a pity that BMW makes me buy a helmet I can't stand (tried C3 pro for a few months...hated it) in order to use their fully integrated system.

You picked the fast color!!! Congratulation, Dave. Now, all that you have to do is paint the top-box to match the bike!

Well, I suppose you *could* stop at painting the trunk ... ;)

IMG_0851_zps5scs4qus.jpg

I have the same bike as the OP. Currently testing an Interphone F5MC for ON magazine. So far, it's as "fully integrated" as can be. Paired up to the sat/nav on the bike, and my Iphone perfectly. Installed inside my Arai within about 15 minutes, taking my time. Functionally, it's excellent. I will have a full report in the next 2 months or so after more testing.

-MKL

Well, I suppose you *could* stop at painting the trunk ... ;)

IMG_0851_zps5scs4qus.jpg

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

I have the same bike as the OP. Currently testing an Interphone F5MC for ON magazine. So far, it's as "fully integrated" as can be. Paired up to the sat/nav on the bike, and my Iphone perfectly. Installed inside my Arai within about 15 minutes, taking my time. Functionally, it's excellent. I will have a full report in the next 2 months or so after more testing.

-MKL

That sounds pretty complete. How fully integrated...can you control headset volume with the bike's whiz wheel for example. Only asking because the dealer makes the BMW system sound like the only truly integrated system...and at the same time says SENA is probably the best non BMW system....at least for the RT and my Arai head.

Cannot control volume with wonderwheel *to my knowledge.* I'm still learning my way around, but I've got it paired up and can do pretty much anything I want. Volume with the wonderwheel would be nice, though!

-MKL

Archived