IGNORED

Pairing Complete

moshe_levy

Somehow, some way, I managed to pair everything. It wasn't without healthy amounts of frustration, the worst of which was getting the Interphone F5MC to pair with the GPS. Turned out the Interphone required a software update, but using all the Youtube vids out there, I managed to get it done.

Now I'm sure there is an enormous learning curve as to how to use all of this on the fly, but for now things are working, and when I turn the bike on, it's fully paired to the phone and comm.

-MKL

Yes, I know. I'm waiting until initial farkling is complete, and I'm 95% of the way there. Just waiting on some final stuff from Illium Works.

-MKL

Yep, the Supplementary Rider's Manual (aka Audio system and pairing) says volume control is accomplished via the Bluetooth device EXCEPT if using a BMW Motorrad communication system with Bluetooth standard 2.0.

Ken

Panhandle Chuck

MKL,

I've been using Sena products (SMH10, 5-FM) since about the time Sena hit the market. I've been holding off on the 20S due to initial hardware and software horror stories. It seems for the most part the 20S has been sorted out now, what's your preference with a 2014 RT, Sena or F5MC?

I have no experience with Sena. Sena has a new comm (10C) with a built-in camera, though, and in retrospect that looks like the device to get!

sena10_c_bluetooth_headset_camera_zoom.jpg

-MKL

I have no experience with Sena. Sena has a new comm (10C) with a built-in camera, though, and in retrospect that looks like the device to get!

-MKL

The downside, for me at least, is that you cannot use the 10C with earbuds. I would have bought a 10C by now, except I hate in-helmet speakers. I much prefer Arizona Al's custom-molded earbuds.

FWIW I use Al's Ear Plugs with my Sena and I can hear very well... speakers and the passive plugs. But, of course if you like ear buds...

I've had my 20s for about a month. I'm happy with them, and have had no problems so far. I've had one firmware upgrade since I bought them.

Paiting it to my 15 RT is easy. I do a stereo pairing to the bike, then pair to the Nav 5 (which is paired to my iphone), then pair to the other headset.

I use a set of Sony active noise cancelling earbuds which I bought at Frys on my last US visit. They keep things very quiet.

Archived