IGNORED

Nav 5 Question

moshe_levy

All-

Is there a "Nav 5 For Dummies" tutorial somewhere? I feel that I've got a powerful tool in that device, and I don't know how to take full advantage of it.

For example, see

and go to the 3 minute mark. Watch for about a minute. How do you get the GPS to display these ~16 info screens he shows?

-MKL

How do you get the GPS to display these ~16 info screens he shows?

You don't on an RT :(

For some reason, BMW has only enabled that feature on the R12GSW. No clue why -- the data is readily available on the CAN and/or LIN buses.

That sucks. I found the screen, but it's much less info related to the actual motorcycle data (engine temp, tire pressure, etc.). Very lame that it should vary by model on what is basically the same platform.

-MKL

PS - any place I can get a tutorial on this GPS or some kind of GPS for dummies course?

I am not familiar with the Nav on the GS version but then neither am I aware of what information the GS has on its display/dash... not the GPS but the bike itself.

With the Wunderwheel you have a great deal of information about the bike.

Well, you know what the RT shows. Now watch that vid I linked to above starting 3 minutes in. For whatever reason, the GS version shows MUCH more related to motorcycle parameters.

-MKL

Archived