IGNORED

Tool Kit?

TrickLidz

you will get lots of advice. Cycle Gear has a pretty darn complete tool set in a roll. It's not Snap On, but it isn't junk either. The only thing I changed out was the ratchet as it had some slop in it. I've actually used the kit a couple of times on other peoples bikes while traveling but not mine. If you have a store near by, go look... I think it is good enough for small road side things.

http://www.cyclegear.com/STOCKTON-TOOL-COMPANY-Roadside-Tool-Kit

Kind of spendy, but pretty complete. http://www.advdesigns.com/ulcotokitfor.html

The description inventories everything in it, so you could use that as a guide to compile your own.

Get that kit. It's worth every penny. Pricey because these are quality tools.

Mine is still the Hexhead and I have to update it to the new LC version, but I have used mine on the Hexhead and each part is very high quality.

Worth the money.

In this case, you get what you pay for.

Alfred..don't disagree high quality. I have very high quality tools at home and in my hangar. The question was about road kit and 2014 bike I think. I can't do a lot on the side of the road so for me, don't need my best tools in my saddlebags.

I do like the kit you referenced a lot...but the Stockton kit will do all I can do on the side of the road on a new bike with 7 year warranty that includes towing. My airhead that is old...not so much. It has more extensive and better tools.

No problem David

The reason I like the kit is that these tools have to be fairly small and as such are a bit more flimsy. So if they are not high quality, they most likely won't do the job.

To be frank, the 2014+LC RT's are that high electronically driven that unless it's just a flat tire, or some screw/bolt has come loose like your gear lever etc, you are dead in the water anyway.

The bikes are still too new to have problems like shaved through wires or starter playing up due to bad connections or gunked up.

So a small tire repair kit...small compressor, small ratched and a little Torx/Allen key set should get you out of trouble. Maybe even a little bag of plastic cable ties.

Archived