IGNORED

Maps/GPS

BFish

have an old 2610 (guess that's obvious). still works. since i'm up to date on PDA's would like to use my iphone 6 as a back up. can route google maps on my laptop, but seem to have an issue with waypoints on the iphone. other than that it works fine as a gps type directional device. guess it's the quasi route customization i'd like to be able to do on the phone.

any advice, other gps apps, etc??

thanks.

szurszewski

I've tried a few - currenlty working pocket earth. I have been using my iPad to customize routes, mostly to see if I could and because it's easier than doing it on the phone. It will off reroutes and turn by turn voice, is pretty easy to alter routes and easy to send/store/save. Also lets you decide if you want to download each route for offline use - I think you can also pay to download whole states/countries for offline use.

szurszewski

Yes - I build them on my iPad and use my phone for Nav. It will also let you laod most any route/gps file using the app on the phone.

Pocket Earth if you're wanting waypoints and such, with unlimited data plan and decent coverage its nice to just rely on Google Maps turn by turn directions.

I also use pocket earth creating routes on my iPad and transferring them to my iPhone which I use in place of a GPS device. All the maps are stored on the phone so there is minimal data use. Bluetooth to the Sena device on my helmet for instructions, music, etc..

Archived