IGNORED

Adjust high beam aiming (2011 R1200RT)

macx

Did a search but came up with 1500 answers and didn't see anything headlight related in the first page or 2

I know where the left / right aiming knob is, but no amount of searching has turned up which way it should be turned to go one direction or the other.

I know, sounds simple, try it and see.

Tried it, didn't seem to make any apparent change even with a couple complete turns.

What's up?

Thanks

Morning Macx

What are you working with?

You are posting in the camhead forum but your profile shows you have R1200GT,& R1150R.

Did a search but came up with 1500 answers and didn't see anything headlight related in the first page or 2

I know where the left / right aiming knob is, but no amount of searching has turned up which way it should be turned to go one direction or the other.

I know, sounds simple, try it and see.

Tried it, didn't seem to make any apparent change even with a couple complete turns.

What's up?

Evening Macx

Darn good question-- I have only adjusted a couple of those & for the life of me can't

remember what way I turned it.

You are adjusting the horizontal adjuster, correct?

I believe (this reads as a SWAG) turning the adjuster to the right will pull the lower part

of the R/H part of the lamp housing in therefore moving the emitted light bream right.

You might have to start the engine (to induce shake), or pound on the light assembly with

your hand to get the housing to move (that adjuster knob pulls on the light housing against

a spring so the spring tension needs to push it back out).

2010%20headlight_zpslynrauml.jpg

Archived