IGNORED

Auxiliary LED DRLs ..

Yankee Lima

Yankee Lima

Hello All,

There are several excellent threads on the forum regarding auxiliary lighting with most favouring a Canopener and Darla solution focussed on night riding improvements. No denying the results are splendid.

However, I rarely, if ever, ride at night and I'm looking for a simpler and less expensive way of adding additional DRLs to supplement the halo lights for daytime use. 10W/ 700 lumen led units are readily available and could be allowed to be 'On' as long as ignition was on and irrespective of headlight operation. Avoiding the SMIDSY element is what I'm after.

Anyone on here rigged up something simple e.g. Running off an auxiliary power feed if there is one on a wet head with inline fuse/switch? Maybe aux power socket feed is a suitable source if it is 'hot' only when ignition is on. I've seen earlier GSs run several mini led arrays off the the socket normally used to power sat navs etc.

++++++++

Easy to hook up, right under the seat is a good place that is ignition on. No CanBus faults. VERY surprising how bright these look to oncoming vehicles. I have the brake light versions on my top case also.

Archived