IGNORED

Back in the saddle (apologies to Aerosmith)

John

Hi all,

I had to sell my '09RT back in 2012 as part of rationalising our lives after the missus suddenly became gravely ill. (No, she didn't force me - she loves bikes so much, we went on our honeymoon on a K100RT all those years ago :rofl: )

Anyway, it's been a long road but she's made a good recovery, and a few weeks ago suggested it might be good therapy to get another bike. Didn't have to ask me twice :grin:

I took delivery of the new RT on the 29th June. We went on our first ride yesterday, and I have to say it feels a lot different to the 09. Looking forward to putting many Km on it :thumbsup:

312BDB64-4D54-4983-8A6C-BB2BD4441631_zps6qx3iinc.jpg

266B3E10-F8B3-42C4-8F17-582AB137540E_zpsgy6gijj1.jpg

Greetings!

Beautiful Bike!

How wonderful that your situation has come around to a point where having an RT is a viable and pleasurable option.

As you know, an RT is just great for one's mental health!

I wish you and your wife many, many happy miles together!

Best regards!

Jim

Paul In Australia

Excellent news. The fact your wife has recovered will make this bike even more special than it already is. Enjoy the ride John

Cheers

Thank you all for the kind words :grin: The wifey enjoyed a short (100km) ride to our local bike cafe for lunch. That was about all she could handle this time (I wanted to take the long way home, it was such a great winter's day for a ride).

She really enjoyed the ride, but towards the end was complaining of a hot arse :rofl: (I've never complained about it). Turned out she accidentally turned her seat heater on :D

So the rides we do together will progressively get longer over time, to a point where we'll be able to overnight away.

We went on our honeymoon almost 25 years ago on my then bike, a K100RT. Hopefully we'll be able to replicate it in September :D

Thank you all for the kind words :grin: The wifey enjoyed a short (100km) ride to our local bike cafe for lunch. That was about all she could handle this time (I wanted to take the long way home, it was such a great winter's day for a ride).

She really enjoyed the ride, but towards the end was complaining of a hot arse :rofl: (I've never complained about it). Turned out she accidentally turned her seat heater on :D

So the rides we do together will progressively get longer over time, to a point where we'll be able to overnight away.

We went on our honeymoon almost 25 years ago on my then bike, a K100RT. Hopefully we'll be able to replicate it in September :D

How wonderful. May your honeymoon re-ride bring back the memories of youth, the joys of adulthood, and the life passions from knowledge gained.

May be a ride to Robertson Pie Shop is in order.

Hey Ponch, It's snowing down that area at the moment :D (Not that it's stopped me before). We've had quite unseasonal Antarctic blasts over the past couple of weeks.

Have you ridden Macquarie Pass and Kangaroo Valley? (The pie shop is right in between the two). Two really good riding roads close to Sydney.

I remember years ago towing a trailer with my (then) R1100RT up Macquarie Pass with a bunch of mates on various machines. Going around one of the hairpins I rounded up one of the lads on his 916SPS Ducati and flicked him 'the bird' as I went past, trailer and all :rofl:

He never bagged BMW's again. His current steed is now a R1200GSA :D

Looking forward to doing those roads once conditions improve.

Hey Ponch, It's snowing down that area at the moment :D (Not that it's stopped me before). We've had quite unseasonal Antarctic blasts over the past couple of weeks.

Have you ridden Macquarie Pass and Kangaroo Valley? (The pie shop is right in between the two). Two really good riding roads close to Sydney.

I remember years ago towing a trailer with my (then) R1100RT up Macquarie Pass with a bunch of mates on various machines. Going around one of the hairpins I rounded up one of the lads on his 916SPS Ducati and flicked him 'the bird' as I went past, trailer and all :rofl:

He never bagged BMW's again. His current steed is now a R1200GSA :D

Looking forward to doing those roads once conditions improve.

A friend of mine married an Aussie, moved to Sydney and works for the NSW Fire Brigade. He told me about Robertson Pie Shop. Said the roads out that way would be great for a bike. Suggested I visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived