IGNORED

Zumo 660: How do you tell it to return to where you started?

Scarecrow

I thought there was an easy way to tell the Zumo 660 (a new device for me) to return to where you started. I don't mean "go home," I mean I'm at point A on the road (not Home), followed the route to point B and now I want to say "go back to point A." What I have been doing is building the route, then duplicating it and reversing it. but I thought there was a way to spontaneously do this on the device. Am I dreaming? I think I had a way of doing that on my old 2610, but then again, maybe not and I just imagined I was doing that.

TIA,

I'd just go to "Where To?", "Saved Places" and find the waypoint for point A. Select it and hit Go.

Thanks all for the replies and hints. I haven't used the 'trackback' feature; I'll look into that. The idea of looking at recent places and going back to point A seems pretty straight forward. I'm not used to having 'recent' places, but it does seem obvious now that you mention it.

Thanks again,

Scarecrow,

I have a 450 and one of the most annoying things about is its inability to reverse a route. Seems simple enough. Originally, the 660 had the same issue. HOWEVER, check the Garmin website for the Zumo 660 software updates. I believe they added reversing a route functionality to version 3.3 3.2(or so). You can update your unit with the Garmin Update software.

Thanks; I haven't had a chance to check yet, but I'll make sure I have the most recent software on the 660.

Alternatively, there is a method for reversing the route if the unit software doesn't have the function. If you take your original route and reverse the start, waypoints, and endpoints, and recalculate. Its just kind of a PITA to reverse all of the points if you have many in the route. OR reverse the start and endpoint and "optimize route" should also work. It reorders the points from the new start to the end through all of the waypoints the best way it can, which usually reverses the route (unless the route comes back on itself). I've had good luck with this the couple times I've tried it. But it's Garmin, so YMMV.

The easiest is to remember to reverse the route in Basecamp (really just one step) and dump both the regular and reversed route to the device.

Archived